Starting Keto

Options
Hi everyone! I'm starting Keto and while I'm completely confused about all of the different information I'm getting, I definitely want to give it a shot! Feel free to add me:)

Replies

• madagirl81
    madagirl81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What are you confused about? I'll try to help ya ☺
  • randilyn2013
    randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been keto a while my best advice is to keep it simple. There are so many recipes out there it can get overwhelming. Find a few favorites and cycle them.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Use an online keto calculator to determine your macros, and there are a plethora of online sites for keto recipes. Let me warn you that all the best foods are fat foods, so you will be overwhelmed with deliciousness. My first keto day was a triple cheeseburger with a heavy cream (turns into whipped cream once blended) berry smoothie
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    lots of researched information, links, friendly people for support.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Your welcome.
  • romieblue
    romieblue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started keto yesterday and the wealth of info online can be overwhelming! I'm on reddit (www.reddit.com) and I follow their keto subs - great community and lots of info and support. I've added you as a friend, so perhaps we can support/help each other! Good luck! :smile:
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I did nothing but eat bacon, sausage, ribeye, avocado, eggs & broccoli/cauliflower, & minimal heavy cream in my morning coffee for close to the first month of doing keto while I got used to it. Oh, butter too. I didn't stray very far from that list of staple keto foods.
    I spent that time researching more about keto. My recommendation would be to use MFP to get a rough goal on your macro intake & total calorie allowance nailed down. Start today, don't wait & cycle through simple high fatty low/no carb foods like that while you research & learn more.