Any suggestion for weight loss?

Options
My 3rd here,I am intaking less or equal calories as given here but I am used to this ,I always intake<1300 calories ,so if I continue this I don't think I am going to loss weight

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? 1300 is pretty low, so most will lose on that number provided they're logging accurately.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    RaikamalMukherjee1201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you asking about my height and weight?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Are you asking about my height and weight?

yes..

and do you use a food scale to weight out your food portions?
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    My height 173cm and weight 69kg ,I always intake less than 1300cal but not lossing weight
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing food/ingrediants prior to eating? Are you eating Indian food - if so need to remember that traditional Indian meals are often laden in calories & you might be eating 1300 calories in a single meal without realising.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    My height 173cm and weight 69kg ,I always intake less than 1300cal but not lossing weight

do you use a food scale to weigh out portions? More than likely you are not estimating correctly and are eating more than 1300 calories.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and people could catch a mistake you are making.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I put your statistics into a TDEE calculator (an estimate of your maintenance calories): http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I didn't have your age or activity level (with exercise) so I guessed with .........25 YO - Sedentary
    Maintenance estimate is 1818 calories. That means taking in 1318 calories (and adding no exercise)....you would lose 1 pound a week (.45 kg)

Double check your data base selections (some are wrong).......weigh as many solid foods as possible. Log every bite, every lick, every taste.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating at 1300 without losing weight? Are you weighing your foods so that you are sure it's 1300? How active are you?

Watch out for fats used in cooking such as oil and ghee... these can easily add up without you realizing it. Also other calorie dense foods such as cheese.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If I'm mathing correctly, you are 5'6 and 152 lbs. So you must not be trying to lose much weight. Some suggestions:
    1. Set your goal to 1 lb per week at most, any more is too aggressive.
    2. Get a food scale and use it as often as possible. Using cups and spoons or eyeballing portions makes it very easy to underestimate what you are eating.
    3. Log everything accurately and consistently, eating the calories MFP gave you.
    4. Be patient - you won't lose weight every week, even if you are perfect. And as a woman, water weight fluctuations can easily mask fat loss on the scale from one week to the next.

173cm means 5'8" and I use cups and spoons too ,but didn't loss any weight
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    How long have you been eating at 1300 without losing weight? Are you weighing your foods so that you are sure it's 1300? How active are you?

Watch out for fats used in cooking such as oil and ghee... these can easily add up without you realizing it. Also other calorie dense foods such as cheese.

At first ,I am new in MFP ,So can't tell how much I was taking before,but there is no drastic change in my food chart ,just taking less carbohydrate, no fries and boiled foods.

I use cups to count my calories like 1cup rice ~200 calories and I have stopped taking ghee totally
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I put your statistics into a TDEE calculator (an estimate of your maintenance calories): http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I didn't have your age or activity level (with exercise) so I guessed with .........25 YO - Sedentary
    Maintenance estimate is 1818 calories. That means taking in 1318 calories (and adding no exercise)....you would lose 1 pound a week (.45 kg)

Double check your data base selections (some are wrong).......weigh as many solid foods as possible. Log every bite, every lick, every taste.

What's wrong ?my body stat?
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    Open your diary and people could catch a mistake you are making.

What's wrong?
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

do you use a food scale to weigh out portions? More than likely you are not estimating correctly and are eating more than 1300 calories.

I use such methods like 1cup rice ~200calories (two times a day,so 400 calories total),one boiled egg etc.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    Are you weighing food/ingrediants prior to eating? Are you eating Indian food - if so need to remember that traditional Indian meals are often laden in calories & you might be eating 1300 calories in a single meal without realising.

Do you think a cup of rice and boiled potatoes and a boiled egg has too much calories?
  • paulwatts747
    paulwatts747 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Basmati rice has 1.4 calories per gram (cooked). Boiled potatoes have 1.1 calories per gram. A medium hen egg has 70 calories. They are all good foods, but except for the egg you need to weigh them to be sure of the amount.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is around that too, i eat 5 meals a day, im always feeling stuffed! Before i used to eat 3 meals a day and was always hungry in between, i started 4 weeks ago and i have lost 10lbs in total. I do about 30-60 mins of dancing before breakfast and then every other day i lift weights. Im eating alot of protein (chicken) pasta and veg, and 2 tina of tuna and salad etx spread out over 5 meala, Seems like i eat loads all day but cals adding up to around 1300 odd. So its been great :)
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Basically i find eating 5 small meals a days really helps cope with hunger. I got myself a food scale to see what all the fuss was about in having one and i can tell you its the best thing i have bought! Ita telling mw exactly how much im eating so i dont over eat etc :)