Macros

nattysjourney
nattysjourney Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys... any advice can help please ... so I'm trying to loose weight but it's getting harder to hit my macros. I'm wondering how important is it to hit your macros for weight loss? I'm still under my calories or right on calories. But I don't seem to be hitting my daily macros. I either go over or don't hit the daily macros. Please help

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    I have lost weight on the dash diet. The only Macro I watch is protein. I try to reach 70grams a day. I can't imagine have to meet my carbs or my fat. It would complicate my life too much.
  • nattysjourney
    What's the dash diet?
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2017
    For weight loss, calories are all that matter. Macros help keep you full, though different people find different ratios more helpful. Try to meet your minimum protein and fat, everything else after that is up to you.
  • nattysjourney
    For weight loss, calories are all that matter. Macros help keep you full, though different people find different ratios more helpful. Try to meet your minimum protein and fat, everything else after that is up to you.

What about carbs should I not care if I hit or go over the carbs daily goal?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member

Nah. A lot of carbs are easy to overeat, and so a lot of diets focus on them, but the reason people lose weight on those diets is because they're eating fewer calories overall, not because they're avoiding carbs specifically. If you've got a weakness for bread, make sure it's a special occasion thing, that's all.
  • nattysjourney

Nah. A lot of carbs are easy to overeat, and so a lot of diets focus on them, but the reason people lose weight on those diets is because they're eating fewer calories overall, not because they're avoiding carbs specifically. If you've got a weakness for bread, make sure it's a special occasion thing, that's all.

Ok perfect thank you. This helps a lot