Protein powder

Options
I have ordered myself some chocolate Bio Synergy Skinny Protein powder. I will be replacing 1-2 meals with it daily.

Would weight loss be more stress free with this method? I find every time I get into the diet regime I just think about food a lot about what to have as meals etc I suffer with anxiety and ocd so I thought replacing a meal or 2 a day with protein shake would make it much more simple

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is just a way to include more protein in your diet if you can't get enough through food. I only eat 2-3 meals a day, so your plan would be a disaster for me as I'd not get sufficient nutrition (macro or micro)

I personally hate drinking shakes, so I'd plan less meals if I was in your position, not substitute with something I didn't like. I pre plan by logging and prepping food which makes life easy. If you like having shakes though, do it!
  • justlosingtheweight
    justlosingtheweight Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm not too sure about shakes to be honest. I tried a meal replacement shake a couple of years ago and it tasted horrible but then I saw the bio synergy protein shake and the description looked pretty good but I guess that is what all the brands do. Its just shopping becomes a nightmare I check everything and constantly put things back and stuff and I over think about it all which is setting me up for failure really :/
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What are you checking food for? And what about eating makes you stressed?

Don't overcomplicate things - calories for weight loss. Focus on that primarily. Choose a variety of nutritious food to eat most of the time, but don't think you have to restrict anything. For a long time I scared myself in to thinking I had to eat a certain way, that foods not on my "approved" list would make me unhealthy/sick (like, longterm, death sentence sick).... It wasn't a pleasant place to be!