Book Obsessed

Options
Ay_posty
Ay_posty Posts: 26 Member
Anyone completely book obsessed? I have one laying around almost everywhere. Any good book suggestions? Fiction, young adult, mystery, fantasy and thrillers? Who's your favorite Author and why?

Replies

• lisabellnc
    lisabellnc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love to read and normally have 3 going at the same time. Totally different types so I don't get confused! I just read the Atlantis Gene and I thought it was GREAT. Some stuff based on facts and then some wild what ifs. It is actually a Trilogy but I did not know that when I started. I read all 3. The first one was the best. The 2nd to sailed into the not possible but still interesting.

One of the best books I have read in the spy type was The Pilgrim. More of a who dunit. Excellent. Everyone I have recommend that book to loved it and could not put it down!

Also a good book is Charm School and almost any book by Nelson Demille. That was my first of his and favorite.

If you haven't read GAME OF THRONES all of those are superb! I read them 10 years ago! My sister tricked me into them. I had no idea there were so many. Very good, but lots of people to to keep up straight. The series very much did the books justices. I am glad I read the books first.

There are so many great authors it's hard to pick any one of them or any one book. To me it's any book or author that makes me feel like I am in the story. There have been plenty of books I was sad to see end. To me that the perfect book.

Wow. I did not mean to write so much.... what are some of your favorites.
  • NazKerpan
    NazKerpan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    East of Eden is a classic, that I somehow got myself to read and in the end really enjoyed. Really good read if you don't mind descriptive and fairly long reads.
  • monet_locc
    monet_locc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite short stories is "Vampires in the Lemon Grove"

I also love David Mitchell, two of my favorite books are "The Bone Clocks" and "Slade House" slade house is basically if hotel california was a book, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!!
  • Ay_posty
    Options
    @lisabellnc
    I love people who gush about their fav books! I can never have more than one book going at a time I get so confused haha but I go through books like candy. I'll have to pick up some of the ones you mentioned :D
    I just finished a series called I Hunt Killers and it was definitely submersive, I couldn't get enough of it.
    I do enjoy the writings of Sherrilyn Kenyon she has a ton of novels and they are /thick/ reads. I love it. She's more fantasy and mature adult fiction, they're easy reads and just fun drama :)
    I recently also enjoyed Stephanie Meyer's The Chemist...it was a hard one to get into because the beginning dragged a bit but the meat of it was addictive <3
  • ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Red Queen trilogy by Victoria Aveyard
    ****AngelFall trilogy by Susan Ee *******favorite****
    Scott Westerfeld Uglies series
    Hush, hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
    Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelly Armstrong
    Dark Divine Trilogy by Bree Despain
  • lisabellnc
    lisabellnc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I read the Chemist as well! It took me a bit to get there too. You will like the Atlantis Gene if you liked that. And once you get going you are trying to figure things out which I love! I can't wait to download some of your recommendations. I just texted my sister today and asked her what she was reading. I am always sad when I don't know what to read next. Do you read in nonfiction? I love biographies too and have read some good ones. A few political books to that were interesting reads. I am not very pro anyone but interesting to see what people think and how things work. So different than the sound bites. Shadow is a good one by Bob Woodward. It's about the things that showed the former presidents starting with Ford. A bunch of stuff I did not know.

I will seriously stop... I can talk about books and wine all day and night!

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep,them coming !
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I love books, books are my favorite!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    favorite author?

easy.

James Carlos Blake
  • Ay_posty
    Options
    @monet_locc
    Slade House sounds very cool I'll have to pick it up! Thanks for the suggestions <3
  • Ay_posty
    Options
    @NazKerpan
    If it's anything like the Sword Of Truth series I'm sure I can struggle through it lol thanks for the suggestion!
  • Ay_posty
    Options
    @lisabellnc
    I'd really love to broaden my reading horizons into biographies and nonfiction, but I have a hard time not being bored out of my mind! If you cold suggest something captivating I'd love to read it :)
  • Ay_posty
    Options
    @Motorsheen
    I've never heard of him! What does he write? And can you suggest a good book to start with by him.
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    fkwdftjm0gql.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Ay_posty wrote: »
    @Motorsheen
    I've never heard of him! What does he write? And can you suggest a good book to start with by him.

51kxAfzy29L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    James Ellroy

51WrottENbL.__BG0,0,0,0_FMpng_AC_UL320_SR206,320_.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Cormac

6a00d8341c627153ef01543870417c970c-320wi.jpg
  • Motorsheen