Wtf

Options
kelldonner
kelldonner Posts: 2 Member
It has been over a week and I haven't lost an ounce and I'm working out harder and eating better then ever. Wtf

Replies

• xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Give it at least a month. And make sure you're using a food scale to measure food and not just measuring cups and spoons. It'll happen :)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    kelldonner wrote: »
    It has been over a week and I haven't lost an ounce and I'm working out harder and eating better then ever. Wtf

Are you weighing everything you eat on an actual scale? I didn't lose anything until I started doing that. Turns out I was earing way more than I realized.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    When you say you're "eating better", what exactly do you mean?
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    A week?

Give it a month before you expect to see anything. Weight loss isn't linear, it will take time and expect the scale to go up and down during that time.
  • jjuarez16
    jjuarez16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are your macros?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Flame41263 wrote: »
    With all the working out, maybe you are building muscle, which is heavier than fat! Yay!

nope....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    kelldonner wrote: »
    Higher intensity exercise can CAUSE water retention. And a week is nothing. Stay the course and be patient. I know it's hard these days for many a young person, but weight loss isn't instantaneous just because you applied yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This happens. You have to flex your patience muscle.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also, depending on where you are in your cycle, you could be just retaining pounds of water. It can really add up.

A few years ago I lost 11 pounds my first week of dieting - by magically timing my weigh-in to correspond with the day I lost about 10 pounds of PMS-related bloat. :) Drink a ton of water, eat a bit more (really, the day after I eat more sees to be when I most reliably see a loss). Give it another week.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I hit plateaus frequently and then all of a sudden I will drop 2 pounds at once. Stay consistent with reduced calories and/or more exercise and the results will come
  • betterwhenimdancin
    betterwhenimdancin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starting a new exercise program often causes water retention! I've been tracking my weight fluctuations for over a year, I put on two pounds of water weight every time I start exercising again after a break.