Does it really have THAT much of an effect?

Options
This is my first question in a very long time....and the fact that it has been a very long time relates to what I'm about to say.

Long story short - new city, new life, lots of fun. Zero exercise, bad food choices, tons of booze and lots of late nights and early mornings.

Lately I have been extremely exhausted. I find myself dozing off at work, and on the drive home. I have no energy for so many things. I have no motivation for so many things (read: relationship-based things). I'm always so tired, groggy, out of it, etc.

I'm thinking about asking my bf if he would like to join me working out, because I know he wants to get back into it again. The two of us have had very late nights and have been so tired and worn out.

My question to you is this (as stupid as it sounds) - have any of you noticed when you improve your eating and physical fitness levels, your whole life changes for the better? Are your thoughts clearer, are you more motivated? Do you not worry about things as much, or let things bog you down?

Any advice is appreciated!

L

Replies

• nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    A big, resounding, YES!
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have more energy, more patience, and in turn I feel better about myself. I still worry about things, but I've noticed that I don't dwell on it. One of my motivators is my husband, we were doing our own workouts, but compared at the end of the day how it went and how our eating was for the day. I think it kept both of us in check and if one of us started slacking, the other pushed back.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Of course it does!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Definitely.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My mother commented the other day that since my hubby and I have been working on our weight we just seem much happier. We are more focused for sure.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I have narcolepsy. I refuse to take medecin for it since what I tried before made me have panic attack and crash when it stopped working. I do not know how it feel not to be tired but when I am in shape, it is so much easier to fonction. So I can say that training has a huge impact on my quality of life
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yes, generally the more good things I do for myself, the better I feel...which leads to me doing even more good things... and in the same way, doing negative things can have the same effect, of causing me to do even more negative things. so I always try to start every day out by doing something positive and healthy, since it increases my chances of keeping it up all day. :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Once I started eating very healthy, I NEVER ever get tired after lunch anymore. Unless it was a rough night. But I sustain my energy all day long. And I attribute that to eating healthy only, because I worked out a lot before but would eat bad and still had that afternoon crash.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
    What we put in our bodies is like the fuel in a car. If you put rubbish in your car doesnt work so well and sometimes comes to a grinding halt.
    Put good wholesome food in your body and straight away you will have more energy. Get 7ish hours of sleep a night and you will have even more energy.
    Get a bit of sunshine and exercise and you will be feeling even better again.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    without a doubt and it takes a while to reap the benefits. I have been back to working out for two months and it has just been the last 2 weeks that I am clear headed. Before I drug myself out of bed at 10am or 11am. Now I can't sleep past 8am. I WANT to workout and I did NOT want to before. I feel fabulous and the more I workout the better I feel mentally and physically.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    the better i eat the better i feel. as a person who struggles with eating junk and sweets, i find that if i eat "clean" i feel much better that day than if i eat junk
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My response may surprise you, but I don't feel like I have more energy even though I'm down over 80 pounds. I do like the calming effect from exercise, and feel I sleep better (I did just get a new bed), but can't say my energy level is higher or lower now that I've been a steady exerciser for nearly two years.

Only advice I'd provide is to tell you it may help to get a full medical exam including lab work to make sure there is no underlying cause for your fatigue.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yes... when I'm eating healthy, exercising, and getting a good night's sleep, life just seems better!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!