Eat more to Lose more, explained.

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Sane. Rational. Broken down to common sense.

I'm speechless.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You are so sensible. I'm very glad we're friends.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nice one :smile:
    Let's keep bumping this!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great post!

The brain slow down thing probably explains why the chronic under-eaters are so adamant on continuing.. It's because their brain isn't functioning well enough to understand the problem! Oh my, what a vicious cycle.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    You did a very good job explaining this...Thanks so much!! This is an eye opener to some people!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This was great to read! Thank you!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Great post!

The brain slow down thing probably explains why the chronic under-eaters are so adamant on continuing.. It's because their brain isn't functioning well enough to understand the problem! Oh my, what a vicious cycle.

One of us was gonna point that out eventually. Hahaha.
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Options
    love this!

I have such a hard time believing this is true but I know it is! I've started eating 1400-1600 cals in the last few weeks up from my usual limit of 1000-1200 and it seems to be working way better! wooo
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well thought out and well written, ... Thank you!!!
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    Love it
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I love this. I have been losing tons of fat eating approximately 1600 calories a day and I'm only halfway done :smile: And I am so much happier when I'm eating more food rather than less! Thank you for this explanation, hopefully A LOT of people will listen :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Excellent! But I'd like to add that for a lot of people even 1200 is pretty low and they'd do better with more.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE!!!!! :heart:
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! I was just discussing this same topic with my diabetes dr. and the dietician today. It's funny how years of bad information given to me (eat less if you want to lose) by parents, teachers, doctors who were old-school made me fail at every diet attempt. Invariably, I hit that wall and gave up.
    Yeah, I hit that plateau here, too. I increased calories which was scary because it went against everything I was taught. I was baffled, shocked and happy to find that in doing so, the numbers moved again. It's still hard to grasp with the old stuff still ingrained in my head. I still do it and I still lose!
    Very well written, OP!! :) Hopefully, it can become a sticky!
  • Brukiez213
    Brukiez213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't really buy into this, since on week 1 I lost a lot more, and I ended my day sort of hungry, but now I know that was water weight. Just recently, I've been trying to stay under 900 calories and I am noticing lots of blemishes popping up and more hair in the shower drain and the scale isn't moving quite as much anymore. I would read all the "eat your workout calorie" debates and shake my head thinking, "All you people want to do is justify putting something else in your mouth." This post put things into perspective for me. Thanks for taking the time to write it! :wink:
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i not had problims eeteng fuwer calorees and it has had no eeffect on my bran.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you I needed that. May I add you to my friends list?
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    tHANKS FOR THE POST!
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Excellent Post !!! Soooooo true and although I don't ever have a problem eating my calories on a regular basis - there are days when you don't feel hungry every hour and by the end of the day you realize you have calories to still eat.....and your post has reminded us all how important good health is along with feeling great !!! Thanks and all the best on your own journey !!! :smile:
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yay great post:bigsmile: