What is your motivation to lose weight?

Options
noah49822
noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
I was just wondering what is the driving factor for you you lose weight! I am really motivated this time because I purchased a new home with a pool. I want to look amazing around the pool shirtless when hosting!

Replies

• Comingoutofthecoffin
    Comingoutofthecoffin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How exciting! You can do it! My motivation is pretty simple, I just want to be healthier and have more confidence in who I am and what I'm wearing.
  • rachyellisapuleo
    rachyellisapuleo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanted to feel better, be stronger, and be a good role model for my son.
    And looking good in a (high waisted) bikini is not a bad motivation either.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wtg on the home with a pool! I'm motivated by my friend's dramatic weight loss, by my desire to feel good in my own skin again... I really love being outdoors and hiking, I want energy again.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the same as every other time I tried since I was a tot. The difference now is mfp.
  • msshelagh
    msshelagh Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the joys of home ownership!!!

Technically, there are three primary factors as my motivation for finding a sustainable path to better health. I view my weight loss, strength gains, and smaller dress sizes as by-products of the activities I did to get there.
    1. In July 2016, noticing one day that I was winded walking from my parked car to my office. Resumed taking my meds for hypertension because this symptom had occurred years back and was told my lack of adherence was the cause.
    2. Two weeks later, receiving a confirmed diagnosis of Type II Diabetes after getting treated for a UTI.
    3. How sad my mother would be given her present health problems related to her own Type II Diabetes she had since she was in her 30's and because she did not want the possibility of such a life for her daughter.
  • benitalynn1972
    benitalynn1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure put me on medication. I want rid of that and if it means working even harder than I have been then I am ready to rock this path!
  • SimplyDe1967
    SimplyDe1967 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My doctor stated I have two weeks to get back to healthy eating else I'd be put on HBP meds. She stated do not eat anything in a box or can. It look me a few weeks to get on track but I finally took those necessary steps to save my life. I'm back to tracking and exercising. I feel good. I have 30-lbs to lose but I know I can do it. I know there will be struggles but I must remember I am not alone in this journey.
  • stephaniekoenig2017
    stephaniekoenig2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going hiking for a week in 3 months:)
  • pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My bmi
  • 216LEW
    216LEW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah for pools... my dad has one and I've started swimming laps, are you using the pool as part of your exercise? As for my motivation... im a month away from getting divorced... im going to start my new life happy healthy and confident in myself!
  • Energetic19
    Energetic19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel good naked and gifting myself a photoshoot before the year is done ✅ guess like an early Christmas present and finally being ok where I am at !
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My motivation is looking good. This may be vane, but I can do things I haven't been able to since I was in my 20's but I hate not looking good and having to wear large clothes.
  • dianaLynn912
    dianaLynn912 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At the age of 52 I was 155lbs overweight. I felt like I was dying a slow horrible death. Walking from my car into my house involved about 20 steps and up 1 flight of 5 stair steps, I would be out of breath and my hips and legs hurt. One day I decided I couldn't live like that anymore. I don't wanna die yet. I did (and still do) research on diet and nutrition, found and started using myfitnesspal, and I signed up for a membership at planet fitness, which by the way was the best decision of my life. I changed my entire lifestyle and I'm finally looking forward to the future.
    So my motivation? To live, to be healthy and to love myself
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Having kids is what keeps me going. I've got two under 3 and I want to do everything I can to keep a father in their lives for as long as possible. I also want to be able to play with them and be a good example of healthy living for them.
  • jpetersen30
    jpetersen30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to help my kids as I get older not them help me. Looking good comes with being healthy sounds like a win, win . Congrats on the pool. We don't have a ton of those in Colorado homes.
  • euan_macp
    euan_macp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To feel more confident, have more energy and set a healthy example to my kids. I really worry the way world is going in terms of bad eating and exercise habits, things have to change.
  • meetingacrosstheriver
    meetingacrosstheriver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To be more confident and to fight off multiple health issues, where being a lower weight would be of great benefit.