OH NO!

Options
2»

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    So as long as I'm under my calories for the day, regardless of what I eat or what time I eat it, I won't gain any weight right? For example I ate super clean and well today, drank 3.5litres of water and was way below my calorie count. Then midnight came and I ate mac and cheese as well as some white rice and meat lol I got so hungry. But after logging it, I'm still under my calories for the day. I'm so worried about what I'll feel or look like In a couple of days. Should I do cardio in the morning? Drink more water?

Not sure what you mean by "super clean", but takeaway and Kraft dinner is seldom considered even slightly clean.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale this morning and noticed a 1.5 weight gain ! Water weight?

Unless you ate 5250 calories over maintenance, yes it's water weight
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options

Yes.

Weight loss isn't about one weigh-in. It's about all of them. Weight loss isn't linear, there are lots of ups and downs along the way, but the general trend should be downward. Trust the process.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I feel you're under your calories, stop freaking out. Weight loss/maintenance/gaining is ALL about calories and not about the food you eat/don't eat.

I'm sure you've been informed of this in the threads you've previously started...
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Water weight. That junk is loaded with sodium. (I'm not bashing your food choice -- I just wouldn't go to Kraft as my first choice for mac & cheese.)
  • LeadFromTheFront
    LeadFromTheFront Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I at half a pint of ice cream last night, but then I killed it at the 5:30am workout. not worried at all. Had a clean recovery meal after the workout, drank 48 oz of water already today, plus had my supplements. I have been on several programs/diets over the last several years: 21 day change, 28 day change, 7 day detox, etc. Over time, my habits are changing, and I'm losing inches, not pounds, because I'm gaining muscle mass. I'm looking better in the mirror (that's my scale!) Once I got worried because i ate 3 donuts at work, so I told the trainer that afternoon, he chuckled and said "go run 3 miles you'll be ok." I think he was just humoring me. Just look at the big picture. Worrying about a small bowl of Kraft one time is to zoomed in.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    As far as the sodium bloat, drink some lemon water. Run it through.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

Did you eat 5,250 calories yesterday? Probably not. So yes, water weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    So as long as I'm under my calories for the day, regardless of what I eat or what time I eat it, I won't gain any weight right? For example I ate super clean and well today, drank 3.5litres of water and was way below my calorie count. Then midnight came and I ate mac and cheese as well as some white rice and meat lol I got so hungry. But after logging it, I'm still under my calories for the day. I'm so worried about what I'll feel or look like In a couple of days. Should I do cardio in the morning? Drink more water?

Your calorie target is your deficit...it isn't maintenance...even if you went over some, you're still in a deficit.

#maths
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'm dieting well and losing weight, it's past midnight and my Wife was craving Kraft Dinner. I had a small bowl of it, and after logging it I'm still under my calories. How much of my diet did I ruin? How to recover from it? Best way not to feel/see the bloat from it in the morning?

How far *under* your daily caloric allotment would you have been if you hadn't eaten the mac&cheese?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you made a great choice to eat that mac and cheese. You needed it if you were still in a calorie deficit afterwards. It's cherry season in my back yard and I've been eating cherry pie almost every night for the past week. It's certainly not "health food" but fits within my calorie goals. What I'm saying is you didn't do anything wrong.
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the help. Is there any I can get rid of this water weight fast? Anything I can do today to help lose it?

Thanks again, sorry for sounding so redundant
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, sorry for sounding like a noob

With a 116 posts you are not a noob. I'm surprised you needed to post this question. Also, before the meal how far under your daily goal were you?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the help. Is there any I can get rid of this water weight fast? Anything I can do today to help lose it?

Why even worry about it? You know it's water weight, it's something that will happen from time to time as you live your life. There's no reason to rush through anything.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Do you have a flashing neon sign above your head displaying your weight to the world? It's not fat, it's completely irrelevant, and not something to stress about. Read all the responses you've received in this thread and the others you've started with similar concerns in the past two years and try to understand a little better how the process works.