Had a me day today and ate a lot

Had 2 ryvita with corned beef and chicken, then a large pizza with stuffed crust, 1 litre of ice cream, a bag of jelly beans, and a whole lot of cider.
Must have had around 5000 calories today setting me back like a week.
How do you deal with that?

Replies

• princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    5000 calories over that is
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Log it and move on. Personally, dwelling on it in my case, gives me a "screw it" attitude. Logging it and staying accountable helps one stay disciplined.

That and knowing the much of the weight gain accompanied by a over indulgence day is just extra food in the system and water weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Drink some extra water to help flush the sodium and move on with life. Tomorrow is a new day. Is there anything you need to learn from this? Like have you been over restricting or anything? If so, take it as a lesson. If it was just one of those things that happened then put it behind you.
  • princeofmind
    OP also started a thread "500 calories a day" asking about how to eat more than 500 calories a day....

I followed up on your response there
  • gm678560
    gm678560 Posts: 13 Member
    Start thinking of every day that you fuel your body with nutritious, whole, healthy foods as "me days". Every good day is an investment in yourself.
  • mangofish44
    mangofish44 Posts: 57 Member
    Just weigh yourself tomorrow and keep going forward. See how you feel after looking at scale vs how you felt during the binge? Was it with it. Try and figure out how your me days are not such big splurges.
  • annaclose123
    annaclose123 Posts: 16 Member
    Call it a cheat day, log it and at least you have enjoyed it! Drink water and continue with healthier eating, DON'T cut down loads the next day to try and make up for it, just continue with your usual diet and don't kick yourself over it
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    There is a reason why you binged. Maybe you were craving these foods all week? Is your daily calories not enough to keep you full or satisfied? I used to do this when I ketoed. (Not exactly 5000 cal, but probably 1000 or more over my maintenance calories). I found myself binging every week - ice cream, chocolate, muffins.. anything I wanted that was restricted from my keto diet. I craved these so badly every day! Found OMAD- I can actually enjoy all these foods and not feel bad about it. I eat it all in one sitting. I'm so stuffed and satisfied from having a huge meal!
  • princeofmind
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Call it a cheat day, log it and at least you have enjoyed it! Drink water and continue with healthier eating, DON'T cut down loads the next day to try and make up for it, just continue with your usual diet and don't kick yourself over it

This poster's usual diet is 500 calories per day according to another thread. I don't think going back to that will help.

OP, you need to start finding a better balance before it is too late. I would suggest starting with some professional help. Tell your doctor what you have been doing, and see about getting a team of professionals who can support you before you are too far down the rabbit hole.

What other thread? ;)
    (to be clear I didn't delete it, it went by the mods)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

This poster's usual diet is 500 calories per day according to another thread. I don't think going back to that will help.

OP, you need to start finding a better balance before it is too late. I would suggest starting with some professional help. Tell your doctor what you have been doing, and see about getting a team of professionals who can support you before you are too far down the rabbit hole.

What other thread? ;)

It doesn't matter to me why it was deleted, but the information is valuable in getting a more complete picture as well as improving the quality of answers you receive. In fact I hadn't noticed it was gone. It doesn't change my advice. A counselor (specialized in eating and body image issues) and a registered dietician, would be incredibly helpful for you. All the best.
  • princeofmind

What other thread? ;)

It doesn't matter to me why it was deleted, but the information is valuable in getting a more complete picture as well as improving the quality of answers you receive. In fact I hadn't noticed it was gone. It doesn't change my advice. A counselor (specialized in eating and body image issues) and a registered dietician, would be incredibly helpful for you. All the best.

Not sure how different your advice would be from you to me as its 2am where I am.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Had 2 ryvita with corned beef and chicken, then a large pizza with stuffed crust, 1 litre of ice cream, a bag of jelly beans, and a whole lot of cider.
    Must have had around 5000 calories today setting me back like a week.
    How do you deal with that?

Might not under-eating for months at a time have prevented this 5,000 calorie day?

How many pounds until you reach your goal weight?
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Move on, learn from it. Get to gym. When I see how long it takes for me to burn it off I rethink most of the time. Possibly see a therapist as to what drives that type of eating in you. Some times we eat over, no doubt, but it seems like something would have to trigger that.
  • GenCas2001
    GenCas2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Just move on with life. There's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself here and there. I would recommend you give IIFYM a try. I practice this style of dieting and it's great! I eat clean for the majority of the day and give myself a treat each day, whether that's ice cream (preferably HALO TOP ICE CREAM) or anything to satisfy one's cravings. This helps me personally stay on track. Also give Intermediate Fasting a try. You save most of your food/calories for later on the day that way you can have one or two HUGE meals and stay full and not have the urge to go on a food rampage haha.
    IN SHORT, MOVE ON WITH LIFE AND BE AWARE IF WHAT CAUSES YOU TO HAVE BINGES
  • paulwatts747
    paulwatts747 Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just don't do it again for at least a month. Two months preferably. Maybe you should ban yourself from ice cream and pizza. Crispbread seems OK. I occasionally have days when I hit the turps, but it takes a week to get back to the weight I was so they are becoming fewer and further between.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member

This. Professional help to deal with why you binge can definitely help a lot. Getting into a binge/restrict cycle is a horrible thing. Don't let this cycle get out of control.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    temporarily closed for moderation
This discussion has been closed.