going to stop eating.

Options
I dont eat fast food,fried food or anything in big amounts.i exercise and dont eat late and still i have gained 60lbs in the past 3 years and i can't lose anything...i give up.

Replies

• anna246marie
    anna246marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • purplesoup322
    purplesoup322 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to schedule an appt with a doctor tomorrow, I heard that a T3 or t4 test are expensive without insurance but...will be worth an answer.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    listen to what MFP says and follow it.
    Make sure your logging is right so now guessing what you eat (eg 1 spoon, 1 cup, 1 handful)
    And remember everything counts. All drinks unless they are 0 calorie, all food, everything.
    If you are under maintenance you will always lose.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight then you really need to start being honest with yourself. This means you need to not only log but weigh every single solid that enters your mouth and use measuring cups and spoons for every liquid. By everything I mean everything, including the small bite of food when you are cooking, condiments, the small snack that you have forgotten about by the end of the day, food that is already packaged as these weights can be out.

Statistics say that the vast majority of people are in your predicament because of inaccurate logging. Tney are actually consuming many more calories than they think they are.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think...

Somebody post the flowchart.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked, but definitely get a cheap, digital kitchen scale ($10 on Amazon for a decent one) and measure and log everything you eat until your appointment. Don't worry about cutting calories at first, just weigh and log what you eat normally. This will give you a baseline of how many calories you eat a day, and how many per meal.
    THEN you can work on cutting out a few oz here and there per meal to get down to a deficit. And work with your Dr. to figure out what you can safely cut out, and lose safely.

I tried doing it without an actual scale , measuring with measuring cups and package serving sizes, but when I got a scale, I realized I was eating more than twice as much as I thought I was.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! We're all here doing it too. Log your food and keep to your calorie goal. Ask questions. Read. We will support :)
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Never give up. Get in the gym. Put in the work. Maybe get some blood work done with doc? See a nutritionist. Possibly see a therapist. But...DON'T GIVE UP!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Have you used a food scale for every bit of food and every drink? Did you make sure the nutritional information MFP comes up with is the same as on the package? Hun, you can eat as much fastfood as you like or as much 'healthy' stuff. If you eat too much of anything you'll gain, if you eat less than you need you lose weight. It's that simple. But you only know that you eat less by weighing your food.

Thyroid has nothing to do with this. Everyone can lose weight while being hypothyroid. The same still holds true. If anything, a diet high in sodium, a new workout, your menstruation or traveling can increase waterweight. This is only temporary though and is not bodyfat.