Calling all short women: let's be MFP friends!

I need more friends here - I'm 5'0" so my calorie needs are much less than most people's. I've been logging over 120 days straight and I have an open diary, plus I try to stick between 1100-1200 calories, all vegetarian.

Are you short too? Let's be friends!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Love to! I'm 5' 1" and live with very tall people. Friends welcome! I'm mostly veg but flexible, lost 35 pounds a few years ago and come back here whenever I feel myself slipping. Need to re-tone and get rid of that last 5 pounds or so again. By the way, are you a Murakami fan?
  • windupbird8
    windupbird8 Posts: 2 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Love to! I'm 5' 1" and live with very tall people. Friends welcome! I'm mostly veg but flexible, lost 35 pounds a few years ago and come back here whenever I feel myself slipping. Need to re-tone and get rid of that last 5 pounds or so again. By the way, are you a Murakami fan?

I am indeed- hence the username! Good catch :smile:
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    5' here (4'11" on a bad day). Always looking for new friends for motivation!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    I am 5.1. Keep my calories about 1300 and eat back exercise calories. I sent you a friend request.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    I'm 5'0" as well and always like more friends for support and to support!
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    5'1 closer to 5'2! Hello! I'm not vegetarian but I try to control my calories and portions without overdoing it. Started at 191 two years ago this month and have been bouncing up and down in the 164-169 range most of the last three months, I want to lose at least twenty more lbs and have been overweight all my life. (: let's be friends?
  • AshlerZ27
    AshlerZ27 Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me - I'm 4'10" ;)
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'2 3/4" but I'm shrinking
  • nanagetshealthier
    nanagetshealthier Posts: 29 Member
    I'm 4'10 and I eat around 1200 calories a day. So far I've lost 9kgs, since January and I've got 14kg to go. Feel free to add me too!
  • Cassondra2017
    Cassondra2017 Posts: 2 Member
    ADD ME :)
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    5'2" - currently at 173. I would like to lose 20 more lbs. Need all the mutual encouragement possible.!
  • erl16
    erl16 Posts: 1 Member
    hi I'm, 5'0. Looking to lose around 5 - 8 kg. I'm new to MFP, so really could use all the motivation and support I can get... a bit overwhelmed and don't know where to begin!
  • rebyork
    rebyork Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5 '1 and about 4 months ago I lost 13 but would like to lose about 25-30 more lbs . Would like to join this group!

SW 187
    CW 174

Thanks
  • sarasimp
    sarasimp Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5' 1-and-3/4" and I'd like to be friends. I try to eat around 1200 cal daily. I usually eat back exercise calories, but I think I need to stop to continue losing. I'm veg, but I did recently add fish back into my diet.
  • kmprice15
    kmprice15 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 4'11 & 27 years old. I am trying to loss my 2nd baby weight and 2nd c-section. But it seems to have separation anxiety and does not want to leave. I am on a 1,400 low carb diet , no sugars. Definitely not easy, but the healthier me is more important than yummy sweet tea and doughnuts.
  • jenhhere
    jenhhere Posts: 8 Member
    5' here
    I'm in! Friend me fellow petites! :) Been off and on this train 4x in the last 5 years. Hoping this go round is a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • StaceyO444
    StaceyO444 Posts: 11 Member
    Yes please! 5'1" on a good day.. I'd love to have fellow short friends who understand. Friends keep telling me 1200 is far too low. Whatever, it's working.

January (SW) 167
    CW 129
    Cal/day 1200
  • Mads7878
    Mads7878 Posts: 33 Member
    Yep add me if u like im 5 2 lost 5 kg so far 1000 cal to 1200 a day too
  • comom23
    comom23 Posts: 12 Member
    Yes please! 5'2" here. My walking buddy is 6'...do you know how many steps I have to take to match her one step:) I have not been motivated to track food or weight in the last year, but 172lbs this morning - hoping that number will wake me up and motivate me to get back to a weight I feel comfortable with ~135-140.
  • silverlining78
    silverlining78 Posts: 7 Member
    Ahh short women? I'm in that category. I lost about 20lbs but still am considered overweight for my height. Add me pls. :)