Hiyaaaaa!!!! Am new to this only started today

Options
2»

Replies

• sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Im not sure mines that good on the free version?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Im not sure mines that good on the free version?

It's calculated the same way on the free version and premium
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    Ohhh i cant find it where do you see that?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Ohhh i cant find it where do you see that?

See what?

• sophie9492015
    Options
    Its actually giving me no defecit just had a look to try to figure it out and its just telling me to eat the exact same amount of calories as i burn.
    So eat goal is to eat 1500. Today ive eaten 910 so far+ 0 excercise = 590 remaining.
    So if i actually followed that i would not lose any weight and just stay the same?

What number did mfp give you when you put in your stats (with appropriate activity level to include normal daily activity) to lose weight? This is your calorie goal to eat everyday before exercise with a deficit calculated in to it. If you exercise, those calories get added extra, on top, to still mean you'll be in a deficit. .

Cant find this ^
    I think i just put my weight and goal weight. And have added my calorie intake goal.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    I think it might only say that when you pay for it? Do you have the free or paid version? I swear i cant find this.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I think it might only say that when you pay for it? Do you have the free or paid version? I swear i cant find this.

No, it's how the free version works. I'd highly recommend reading the stickied threads in the intro section to understand how mfp works, and to properly set up your account
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, i thought it might not be accurate too. But i just scan and double check the label and portion size! So far I've found it correct.

You need to weigh it as well...

You don't NEED to. That level of precision isn't a requirement.
    I was very much a "lazy logger" but with a little adjustment of my goal I lost weight at the desired rate.

Remember the variations in produce weight are both under and over so they tend to average out over time.
    Food manufacturers aren't in business to give away free food! ;)
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    Okay! Thank you so much! Hahahaha
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Oh yeah, i thought it might not be accurate too. But i just scan and double check the label and portion size! So far I've found it correct.

I was very much a "lazy logger" but with a little adjustment of my goal I lost weight at the desired rate.

Remember the variations in produce weight are both under and over so they tend to average out over time.

I actually agree, i feel im aleady getting a little obsessed with counting calories and think weighing my food may make me go crazy.
    I just estimate how much would be 1 serve. And jeeesus i wouldnt weigh fruit its not so much calories anyway an average calorie amount will do me just fineeee!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

I actually agree, i feel im aleady getting a little obsessed with counting calories and think weighing my food may make me go crazy.
    I just estimate how much would be 1 serve. And jeeesus i wouldnt weigh fruit its not so much calories anyway an average calorie amount will do me just fineeee!

It will do you just fine until it doesn't - there are hundreds of threads started because people aren't losing, or not losing at the expected rate, mostly due to inaccuracies in logging because they are not weighing and measuring properly.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    I guess thats a later problem then teehee
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Getting back to the original post.. welcome to MFP. Logging is really helpful to see where you may need to make some changes. I've been on here just over a month and am successfully losing weight. The support of MFP mates is really helpful too plus you can get ideas from their food diaries. Ill send you a friend request, up to you if you want to accept.:-)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

It will do you just fine until it doesn't - there are hundreds of threads started because people aren't losing, or not losing at the expected rate, mostly due to inaccuracies in logging because they are not weighing and measuring properly.

Or it works all the way to goal weight and there's no need to start a thread asking why it's not working.....
    There isn't just one way to do this - plenty of scope for personal preferences.

Do agree that when things aren't working then eating more than you think is the #1 cause.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Or it works all the way to goal weight and there's no need to start a thread asking why it's not working.....
    There isn't just one way to do this - plenty of scope for personal preferences.

Do agree that when things aren't working then eating more than you think is the #1 cause.

Hence saying it works until it doesn't! If someone can control their intake to reach their goal without weighing and measuring, power to them. My weight loss goals are usually more extreme than most at the "pointy end" I guess, so margins of error are small.
  • CirocBda
    CirocBda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keto is the answer
    Joe
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    CirocBda wrote: »
    Keto is the answer
    Joe

If the question is "what way of eating requires you to limit carbs severely, eat a high amount of fat and moderate protein".