Healthy snacks?

Options
What do you have for a healthy snack when you feel like something junky like chocolate or ice cream?
Not snacking on crap is the hardest part for me.

Replies

• girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruit snacker. That tends to be what I want. Though if I'm craving chocolate, I'll have a piece of chocolate and modify the rest of the day to allow for it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I usually don't snack, but anything that can be eaten as a meal, can be eaten as a snack. I never eat crap. If I want chocolate or ice cream, I'll have that, but it's quite rarely now.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    When i rave icecream i blend up a serving of frozen blueberries with a scoop of protein powder and water thn mix in about 6-8 icecubes. Comes out as a very thick smoothie that i can eat like melty icecream from a super cute glass. doesnt give the same creaminess but probably would made with milk. Super pretty and the yummy cold and a huge serving for very low calorie

Thats awesome! Great idea, actually going to try to make one now! Thanks :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't snack either, I generally save calories for bigger meals and dessert. But - I don't consider chocolate/icecream a snack.. . It's something I have as a treat or dessert. If I feel like those, I have those.
  • pottertw
    pottertw Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For me, I get some sonic ice, and then some lemon/lime salt, it gives you the crunch like a chip and flavor for a refreshing snack.
  • julieannridder891
    julieannridder891 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to eat in between meals to prevent getting to hungry, I had too when I had gestational so it's habit now. So put a protein with my carb, healthy carb
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I want icecream, I either have a limited amount of it (rarely) or make some nice cream (blended frozen bananas, usually mixed with some pb2) if it'll fit in my calorie target.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Super pretty and the yummy cold and a huge serving for very low calorie

I made mine a liitle higher in calories, frozen berries, soy milk and just 1 scoop ice cream .. 178 calories. Im happy with that! So yummy!
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    pottertw wrote: »
    For me, I get some sonic ice, and then some lemon/lime salt, it gives you the crunch like a chip and flavor for a refreshing snack.

What is sonic ice?
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    I don't snack either, I generally save calories for bigger meals and dessert. But - I don't consider chocolate/icecream a snack.. . It's something I have as a treat or dessert. If I feel like those, I have those.

Wow! You're alot better than me.. dont you ever fill up your car with petrol and get tempted by a choccy or ice cream?
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I crave chocolate constantly but I make sure I only eat 1. Guylian No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate 54%, or 2. Lindt 70% or 85% dark chocolate. I ate 2 squares yesterday while watching Dunkirk by just nibbling it intermittently and I still had half a square left over by the end of the movie!

I also looovvveee iceblended watermelon (just watermelon + ice) or iceblended grapefruit (grapefruit + ice + 1 tbsp of raw honey). Basically any fruit iceblended + 1 tbsp of raw honey not only tastes amazing but is also super filling and takes forever to finish.

For savory stuff, my go to has always been baked sweet potato fries (: Just slice up a sweet potato, lay em on a tray, drizzle on some olive oil, and sprinkle some salt/herbs on it. Suh good.

EDIT: re iceblended fruits, don't cold press or use processes that filter anything out cos part of what makes the iceblended fruits so filling is the retention of their fiber contents! Literally just get an all-purpose blender, dump fruits in with ice and then drink the end product.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    Getting some awesome ideas here! Thanks
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Wow! You're alot better than me.. dont you ever fill up your car with petrol and get tempted by a choccy or ice cream?

No.... They cost double or triple what I could get in a supermarket, and I'm normally on the way home, or to the gym or work. I also made a "no eating in the car" rule to stop random snacking and mindless eating on the run...
  • annaclose123
    annaclose123 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi, When i really need some chocolate I have a special K chocolate cereal bar, its only got like 1g of fat and like 98 cals, and tastes as good as any full chocolate bar, yummy and not so naughty :) Also Options hot chocolate is lovely and not so naughty, i struggle with snacking, and Im a total chocoholic and these help me ! Haha :):#
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat a junk food snack and make it fit into my macros for the day. :-) But if I can't fit it in, I really like premier protein bars. Especially the peanut butter crunch and salted caramel flavors. I buy them at Costco. They are slightly less that a buck a piece when you buy them there.
  • Jeffagner2
    Jeffagner2 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nonfat, unsweetened plain Greek Yogurt mixed with a splash of sugar free Torani French Vanilla. Add some blueberries, cut up banana, mango or strawberries (whatever fresh fruit I have on hand). Add a tablespoon of granola and a dash of cinnamon. Delicious.