Over 55 and Keto

Options
Anyone over the age of 55 who would like to support each other on the Keto journey? I've been low carb for months, little success, serious strict Keto since June 1st 19 lbs down, (81 to go) Friend me!

Replies

• wavesleah
    wavesleah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite over 55 however I've been living ketogenic 7 weeks come Monday. 11 lbs down so far, weighing once a month. Happy to be friended by anyon also following LC/HF
  • mnance237
    mnance237 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on the keto diet for almost a mth and have lost 14 lbs. I'm hoping I can stay on the plan and keep losing. Need to lose about 50 more lbs.
  • bscarlson80
    bscarlson80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! Over 55, keto about 7 weeks and down 14 pounds...all of it since starting Keto. I initially did low carb with an Adkins try but found Keto most effective. Would love a support group.
  • bscarlson80
    bscarlson80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to start a group but will certainly try to figure it out!
  • jazzedforhim
    jazzedforhim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and just starting! Please friend me! I need the support! 65 pounds! ugh!
  • meggie1418
    meggie1418 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 21 but I've also been doing Keto/trying out keto! feel free to add me!!
  • n_boyette
    n_boyette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 61 and began my Keto quick start with the, "Fasting Mimicking Diet" discussed on one of Dr. Darren Schmidt YouTube videos (https://youtu.be/ZvBM5Ql2OOE) yesterday. He suggest starting with this plan for five days to get into Ketosis quickly. Many get into Ketosis with in 24 hours. He recommends using a Ketosis blood monitor because it is more accurate than urine strips.

Besides consuming the avocados and green drink, I added coffee and cream (Trader Joe's French Roast coffee concentrate 2.5 oz, water 5 oz, heavy cream 1 T, and Stevia 3/4 t).
  • Lorgayle
    Lorgayle Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 56 and 7 weeks into Keto for the first time. I've lost 20 lbs, but seemed to have stalled. I suspect too much fat and too many carbs, even though I thought I was doing it correctly. I'd love to be part of a support group! A little about me: I have about 70 more lbs to lose. The profile pic was when I first joined MFP, and then disappeared. I reappeared with about 30 extra pounds. If someone can figure out how to start a support group/forum with various topics that can be posted in, that would be awesome!