kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    You're beautiful!
  • spuppals
    spuppals Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing transformation! Kudos to you
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2017
    I want to lose weight so bad but I can't seem to stick to logging my calories . Is there another way to lose weight with out writing everything down ?

People lose weight without doing that all the time but for me it helped to see how much I was really eating, especially at first. The truth is that when I logged my food, I lost weight consistently and when I didn't I maintained my weight a lot of the time. If you don't log, then I would encourage you to eat as healthy as you can (lots of fruits & veggies, enough protein and healthy fats) and only eating when you're hungry and stop when you feel satisfied.
    rose22emmy wrote: »
    Have you had any issues with loose skin? Any suggestions to someone starting out? :)

I can see areas where I will probably have some loose skin especially if I lose more fat but it's not that bad especially for how much weight I have lost. I have a positive mindset about it & it doesn't bother me to be honest.. and I know I can always tone up which helps a lot. Even if I had major loose skin from losing weight I would take pride in knowing I made changes to be healthier & stronger. Loose skin just tells the story on your body of overcoming obstacles and defeating obesity. :)

I would suggest making small changes at a time and figuring out which healthy foods you enjoy because it is very individual and you have to enjoy what you're eating! Don't think you have to change everything at once or get overwhelmed. It's all about figuring out what works for you because it's a lifestyle change and not a quick fix! I personally LOVE walking so I try to walk every day and change it up by walking up and down hills, etc. Swimming is a great exercise too! I go to the gym sometimes but I had lost 60 pounds before ever stepping foot in a gym so it's not a necessity to lose weight but it's great for getting stronger and fitter. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get enough sleep - so important! Try not to stress yourself out about losing weight because it's counter-productive. Listen to your body above all!!! Eat when you're hungry and if you're not truly hungry don't eat.
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing pictures and stories about your journey. I'm in need of losing at least 40 pounds, but get impatient. It helps me to see that others have accomplished this and that I can too. I have a back injury which restricts the amount of exercise I get, but I do try and walk each day, even if it's only a few blocks. Thanks again jvanessa89 ... your post made my day.

Thank you so much! That's so incredibly sweet. <3 I'm proud of you for walking every day, that's awesome!!

& Thank you to everyone else who commented! If I can inspire or help anyone with my journey that makes me so happy. <3
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Nice Job, Wear your body proudly!
  • Nellahb
    Nellahb Posts: 9 Member
    Amazing! Congrats and thanks for posting and for the inspiration!
  • SjoPoldark
    SjoPoldark Posts: 5 Member
    Not just amazing, but inspirational too. Exactly what I need for my first steps. Thank you for sharing this!
  • philyflyazz
    philyflyazz Posts: 26 Member
    Amazing you look great
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Thank you everyone <3
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    You look fantastic, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!