moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I wouldn't be able to train without it. Puts me on "A NEW LEVEL"

OF CONFIDENCE

AND POWER
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was listening to megadeth at the gym this morning. I love metal especially old death and black metal.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    80's/90's yes.
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I'm here. I wouldn't be able to train without it. Puts me on "A NEW LEVEL"

OF CONFIDENCE

AND POWER

Haha exactly
  • Punisher324
    Punisher324 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I jam out to firehouse, Nelson, poison and warrant. Those bands are metal right? \m/

LOL..technically yes..Hair/Glam Metal but no, not in my book!

Agreed.... Slayer, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Soulfly...ect
  • danielajaros
    danielajaros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My hard rock list:

1. Van Halen
    2. Van Halen
    3. Van Halen
    4. Van Halen
    5. Def Leppard (are they hard rock?)

My top 5 bands of all time are (list never changes):
    1. Pink Floyd
    2. The Who
    3. Led Zeppelin
    4. Black Sabbath
    5. Deep Purple

Standing at #6 are the doors. Listening to the ghost song right now. Standing at #7 is U2. I love U2.

I'm like a music elitist. If you don't submit to the authority of any of the above bands, I consider you not in my league :p

I also have a modern rock list, but not top 10:
    1. Oasis
    2. Blur
    3. Angels and Airwaves
    4. Radiohead
    5. Nirvana
    6. The Pixies
    7. Foo Fighters
    8. Collective Soul
    9. Pearl Jam
    10. Linkin Park

Yes! Yes to all of these...perhaps not in this particular order though...there is no way in hell that the Doors are 5 places below Pink Floyd :smiley: ...as a matter of fact, I would argue that they are all on the same level of awesomeness. Unorderable :smiley:

Also...how come that noone has mentioned Twisted Sister yet? :smiley: Guns N' Roses too <3
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like old metallica, anthrax (slight preference for the joey belladonna era), gnr, suicidal tendencies, faith no more in terms of older stuff. Recently, I really like baby metal (although many people hate them).
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I jam out to firehouse, Nelson, poison and warrant. Those bands are metal right? \m/

lmfao
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Cannibal Corpse and Gojira along with a bit of Tool have been my mainstays this week.
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Cannibal Corpse and Gojira along with a bit of Tool have been my mainstays this week.

Still waiting for that new Tool album.... 2 more years??
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Add me! Metal is my favorite. Metallica, Volbeat, Gojira, Pantera, Lamb of God and many more!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    My hard rock list:

1. Van Halen
    2. Van Halen
    3. Van Halen
    4. Van Halen
    5. Def Leppard (are they hard rock?)

My top 5 bands of all time are (list never changes):
    1. Pink Floyd
    2. The Who
    3. Led Zeppelin
    4. Black Sabbath
    5. Deep Purple

Standing at #6 are the doors. Listening to the ghost song right now. Standing at #7 is U2. I love U2.

I'm like a music elitist. If you don't submit to the authority of any of the above bands, I consider you not in my league :p

I also have a modern rock list, but not top 10:
    1. Oasis
    2. Blur
    3. Angels and Airwaves
    4. Radiohead
    5. Nirvana
    6. The Pixies
    7. Foo Fighters
    8. Collective Soul
    9. Pearl Jam
    10. Linkin Park

You're really showing your age when you consider Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Blur and the rest as "modern rock"
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Sammy Hagar to Roth. He was too cheesy for me.
  • getnickripped
    getnickripped Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    \m/\m/ Alice in Chains! Metallica. Maiden, Priest, Kiss, Zep, Def Lep, Soundgarden(rip), Linkin Park(rip), PJ, Nirvana. Love grunge, 80's metal, classic rock, Sabbath, Ozzy, ACDC, Anthrax, Dio, Godsmack, GNR, Slayer, Misfits, Mad Season (anyone knows them were instant bros), PJ, Rage, VH. Tons more. Trying to hit the main ones.

and as far as new stuff (new stuff is after 2000). Now these guys may have been around before then but theyre new to me lol Gojira, Hellyeah, Damageplan, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Winery Dogs, Chevelle, Parkway Drive, Bring me the Horizon. I find all that stuff on Siriusxm Octane.

Lately Im going 7 days a week to the gym. I listen to my own playlist and music from my iTunes. No pandora etc. I want to hear my songs. my playlists... All my cds ripped to my computer and whatever i downloaded on napster, morpheus. limewire lol

I feel like im listening to this music more now than ever bc im in the gym 1hr+ a day. Gym playlist has 438 songs and growing.

Nice to know there are others with similar interests.

When I need to sprint and run thru a wall i listen to Given Up by Linkin Park, Hell of a Time by Hellyeah or Vice Grip by Parkway Drive. \m/
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    There's a wide variety mentioned, so I'm really surprised no one has mentioned:

1 queens of the stone age
    2 eagles of death metal
    3 a perfect circle
    4 the dead weather
    5 korn and nin (these have to have been mentioned already, I must have missed them)
    6 the white stripes
    7 rob/white zombie
    8 sparta

My taste in rock is right around where rock meets alternative, so I'm not entirely sure how to classify some of my other favorites like audioslave, cage the elephant, the raconteurs, the dandy warhols, kaiser chiefs, interpol, and others.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Does sabaton night wish epica arch enemy eluveitie unleash the archers Stratovarius sonata arctica and ne oblivicarius count?
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Does sabaton night wish epica arch enemy eluveitie unleash the archers Stratovarius sonata arctica and ne oblivicarius count?

Of course!
  • candicew70
    candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's the only thing I listen to during workouts. And this is 80/90s hard rock/metal.
  • rhinestoneradio
    rhinestoneradio Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm all about folk metal <3 Korpiklaani, Finntroll, etc. etc. Got to interview Alestorm and Turisas for a radio station in college - that was pretty fun!