Not New, just starting over. Again.

Options
winddancinash
winddancinash Posts: 25 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Pretty much what the title says - I've done this before and have really let myself go lately. After my grandpa died and the stress of that situation, I wrecked my diet completely and put on all the weight I had lost. I stopped training for my half marathon and basically became a potato.
All that to say, I just need some help figuring out more ideas of breakfast and lunch during my week. And some moral support. I am overweight by about 30lbs and my body is struggling to handle it. Everyone always says oh no you're not overweight but I know for a fact that I am. I want to be happy with my body again and right now I'm not. Any love and friendship you can send my way helps tremendously. Thanks

Replies

• ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. Went from 13st to 9st and was super happy with how I looked, then I moved in with my other half, got a job and got too comfortable! I'm now at 11st and hate it. I've now joined a gym and am logging daily to lose what I've put on.

I'd suggest a fruit salad or a smoothie for breakfast and I always go for the healthiest sub at subway for lunch as it's convenient for me.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Happens to us all. Well done for picking yourself up. You'll get there.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast lately is two scrambled eggs with half an ounce of cheddar cheese grated over the top. Total calories: 198. I find I need the protein to make it to the next meal. If I'm feeling I need it, I also have a piece of toast: 110 calories. Lunch is either a salad or half of a smoked turkey, avocado and provolone sandwich on one slice of whole wheat bread. I'll also throw in an apple, or some cantaloupe with blueberries. And I drink those 8 glasses of water a day because it helps to make me feel full, and I'm less fatigued when I'm hydrated.

Welcome back!
  • rachelsambrown8
    rachelsambrown8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been a size 6-8 my whole life, which I've had to work very hard for. Over the past year, I've spiraled upwards toward a size 12. Losing this weight is going to be incredibly challenging.
  • winddancinash
    winddancinash Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @rachelsambrown8 I am in the same boat. I've always been a 6-8 and I'm now bordering 12-14. Days I feel like giving up but I know I can do this. I've done it before. I can do it again. It won't be easy but I can do it.

I'll definitely have to try the fruit smoothies in the AM. Most mornings right now I have turkey bacon and egg whites. Some days I add Swiss cheese and some toast just depends on how hungry I am.