Do I eat the chicken wings?

Options
Sooooo....last night my husband brought home my favorite buffalo wings. I looked around on line, and I'd imagine they'd be around 150 calories each. They are pretty big. I am only netting 771 calories at this point. I taught two spin classes, and did some long walks with the dog. I know I need to eat some more, but I don't want to gain weight from these wings. I'm sure the sodium alone. So do I say screw it and eat the wings and get my calories up? Or skip them and get creative/and or not make my goal. I have lost 5 pounds now making sure I eat more...and netting the 1200 min. Thanks!

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything else you could do with chicken wings.
  • Amannamanna
    Options
    Eat them. It's not like you are having them every night!! You deserve a treat sometimes for all of your hard work!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your goals are and what macros you've met/exceeded. If you're trying to up the protein and don't mind a little extra fat - I'd say go for it! (In moderation of course).

Or

Have a grilled chicken breast with some buffalo sauce (hot - mild has more oil in it).
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left, I would eat some and enjoy them.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Your husband brought them for you. They're delicious. You have plenty of calories to eat SOME of them. Eat them.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat one or two with a salad on the side. Not too many cals or sodium and you get to enjoy them.
  • nicolecolwell12
    Options
    You have to treat yourself every once and awhile! It's all about calories in - calories out! So I'd say eat them, but just don't make a habit of it! After all the hard work you've put in, your deserve a treat!

enjoy them!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Indeed eat the chicken wings :D

If you have calories to spare use them to enjoy. Too many people think of this as a starvation or taking things away but rather it is just tracking how much you should put in. Put those chicken wings in!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    EAT THE WINGS AND ENJOY THEM!!!!!!
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    In my (non-expert, I'm just an expert chicken wing eater) opinion, I say eat them. Not all, just a couple. Chicken has good protein, yeah they are fried, but (in my opinion) if you don't suffice that craving or desire a little bit....it won't go away. And as a binger, that is where I know I would fail...if I don't have a little...eventually I will binge A LOT. So, this is whatever you feel comfortable with. If its out of impulsivity, it may not be a great idea.

I love chicken wings.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Eat one or two with a salad on the side. Not too many cals or sodium and you get to enjoy them.

Or cut them up in a salad!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person that said eat two with a salad. That will give you a treat while not killing you.
    Jac
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Eat them and drink lots of water to deal with the sodium (depending on the sauce used).
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I'd say you can even have 3. :wink: I'd have one before the salad, and the other 2 after.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Or just send them my way I will walk the calories off...I love chicken wings! *lol* yeh not good support sorry...eat a couple with a salad...what did you decide?
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I agree with eat a couple. I make the best ribs ever, I slow cook them in my oven for about 6 hours. So after I joined MFP, I looked up the calories and saw that two baby back ribs were about 300 calories. Since I keep my meals to about 300 calories, I had the two ribs, and supplemented my meal with sliced farmer's market tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and basil, and a piece of corn. If you deprive yourself, you are setting yourself up for failure. But just keep the portion size much smaller than a restaurant portion size, and fill the rest of your meal with healthy foods.
  • samsmom1975
    Options
    Yes, and I like the idea about putting them in the salad. The lettuce wouold have additional buffalo sauce.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    you teach like 2 spin classes a day and a body pump, eat the damn things! LOL.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    um, ya I would eat them without question.