Strong Curves

Options
Hey there,
Has anyone done this weight lifting program and had great results? Can you please share them with me? I'm starting this as I'm finishing insanity, and am looking for any before and afters along with any good tips. :) TIA

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Following. I've never heard of this! I know I need to add strength training to my exercise regimen and I don't really know how to get started.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Following. I've never heard of this! I know I need to add strength training to my exercise regimen and I don't really know how to get started.

I found it intense, yet exhilarating at the same time. Which was awesome. I added it to my kindle app/account on my phone for just $10. I'm starting at home, using what we have, and my husband watches my form for me. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is a fantastic program. I ran it a few years ago and am currently doing something similar. I had great results with it. What are your goals? Definitely recommend reading the book, tons of great info in there.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Strong Curves is a fantastic program. I ran it a few years ago and am currently doing something similar. I had great results with it. What are your goals? Definitely recommend reading the book, tons of great info in there.
    My first goal is to lose the next 13 lbs. I want to tone up, I'm open to start heavy lifting when I've built up to it.
    My overall goal is something sustainable. While I love insanity I feel as if I'm burning out even after the recovery week. My knees are killing me.
    I've been told weight lifting is a big game changer. I've never done weight lifting before. So after much research this is my first pick. :)
    While I have a decent backside (bubbles has been my nick name in the past) I know there's room for improvement.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well it is a great idea while you lose those 13lbs to start Strong Curves at the same time to preserve as much muscle as possible, it will do very positive things for your body composition. The beginner program is pretty basic and starts you off with bodyweight, dumbbells and the barbell.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the beginner program. I was very sore the first week and less sore the second. So I have constantly been sore for 2 weeks now lol. I'm at a healthy weight but would like to lose 10 pounds or so. I haven't lost any weight but I do feel stronger already and am looking forward to sticking with it and hopefully keep improving! I want to add in 2 or 3 days of cardio also but so far my legs have been too sore for that.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Eventually your body will adapt to it and you'll be less sore. I'm currently restarting the advanced program after a long break due to an injury so I'm in the same boat lol.