Wii Games

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I ahve just been looking up games for the wii, want something fun that works me. i was thinking of dance dance revolution..... turns out its quite hard to source in NZ!!
    I saw Just Dance 2 and 3............ what exactly is it? And what else do you need to go with it?

You only need your body and the game! No mats or extra stuff required. #3 isn't out yet. I believe it comes out late fall/early winter (in the states). It is so much fun! I like it much better than DDR.

Just googled it. Looks like Just Dance 3 comes out Oct. 11. I can't wait!
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I ahve just been looking up games for the wii, want something fun that works me. i was thinking of dance dance revolution..... turns out its quite hard to source in NZ!!
    I saw Just Dance 2 and 3............ what exactly is it? And what else do you need to go with it?

Did not realize Just Dance 3 is out. #2 was fun. I have the newest Biggest Loser game, however the game and case has gone MIA. Figures since I'm actually light enough for the board to reguister my wieght now. Me thinks my 4 year old daughter has something to do with it's dissapearance.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    EA Active - all 3..I contribute eating better and strictly doing those games to losing 52 lbs so far...AWESOME interval training and will help with your endurance and strength.

I totally saw BUTTER instead of better! lol
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    We have a regular Wii, is there a different between the Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Kinect? I'm getting confused!

The Wii Fit is the balance board you can buy. Kinect is actually for the Xbox 360. It's their version of a motion controller.

I agree that the EA Actives are awesome! I did the 30 day challenge on the 1st one. I liked it a lot. The only thing that kind of bugged me was that there wasn't really any ab work. I just started the 6 week challenge on the More Workouts game. I love it! I also use Just Dance and Just Dance 2. I like #2 better but they are both very fun!

The Wii active 2 has ab workouts AND warm up and cool downs too!!! Some of the resistance band workouts don't even need the controller in your hand ( I like that!! ). You can also join fitness groups on line and track your progress on line. It is definitely the best yet!!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You might want to see if you're local library has Wii to borrow. That way you can try before you buy.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have zumba and just dance 2 that i do use as a cardio exercise.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    What kind of calories does Just Dance burn?
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use Active 2 and it really has helped me get in better shape. I don't use the bands...I use my free weights instead. It has a good range of exercises. The built-in HRM seems to do a decent calorie estimate.
  • mama32007
    mama32007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy and just got the Zumba one.

I love all three of them! The Zumba one, and the Your Shape are more like being in a gym and getting that grueling work out...the Wii Fit, to me anyways, gives you more down time in between your workouts because you have to stop and go to the next one, do that, then stop and do it all over again.

Where as, the Zumba and the Your Shape, are just straight forward all the way through the workout and go!