When will I start to see results?

Options
So I've lost 14 pounds so far... It's hard to tell if there's a difference in the physical appearance of my body. No one has asked if I lost weight. I feel like my clothes are fitting better but I'm not sure if that's just in my head.

Anyways, how much weight did you guys have to lose before you started to really notice?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I felt better and my clothes fit better at 5-10 pounds, I started noticing in the mirror at 20-25 and I had to buy new pants at 40, though I probably should have bought new pants at 30-35.

The best thing that helped me was to take pictures after every 10 pound loss. It's hard to see in the mirror, but comparing pictures you really can see a difference. Also, take your measurements about once a month in addition to weighing weekly, sometimes you can see results in inches lost even if the scale isn't moving.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It took me to about 20 lbs to start noticing it in myself. Try getting a measuring tape and measuring once a month. That helps me see progress. I also try increasing the intensity of my workout about every 10 days to see if my stamina is improving, because that counts too.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wish I took better before pictures. I will def keep this in mind. I feel like I see myself everyday so it's hard to notice changes since they happen slowly.
  • luminescence
    luminescence Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's different when it comes to them 'showing' the weight they lost. Don't worry if other people notice you lost weight. You should be losing weight for yourself, not everyone else!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've lost 12 lbs and can't see any noticeable differences. I know that it's going to take some time for me to see real changes but it would be nice to have that motivation...
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's different when it comes to them 'showing' the weight they lost. Don't worry if other people notice you lost weight. You should be losing weight for yourself, not everyone else!

That's so true! But I feel like if someone noticed it'd show that my hard work has been paying off. But my new muscles and healthier diet do make me feel so much better.