Quit smoking and need some healthy lifestyle motivation

Options
Hello everyone! I am looking for people who are interested in supporting eachother through addiction.

Replies

• brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Heya after smoking for almost a decade, I finally managed to quit 2 months ago. (: My personality is still super prone to addiction tho and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a puff from time to time.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I quit over 4 years ago, took me 3 tries to go cold turkey wo prescriptions or patch. First 2 weeks were hell I won't even lie. Still today I crave an occasional 1 but I just don't by a pack. Increasing my activity DEFINITELY helped. 60lbs lost during that time too. It can be done. Good luck!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone who quit!
  • ianholmes1966
    ianholmes1966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quit 7 years ago from a 60 a day habit - was a smoker for 25 years! Put too much weight on, now working hard to get to ideal weight, currently lighter than 10 years ago and dropping! Stick with the Stop Smoking, it WILL be worth it !!
  • marleycat87
    marleycat87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    Heya after smoking for almost a decade, I finally managed to quit 2 months ago. (: My personality is still super prone to addiction tho and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a puff from time to time.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!
    Quitting is so challenging. Once a smoker always proned! We must keep it up though. Today is my 7th day free from smoking. Xx
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you can do it, It's your mindset. It too me several times to finally break the habit and successfully did after numerous attempts and years of failing...
  • MegBryant130
    MegBryant130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting. I am currently working on it. I too will get there. I have cut WAY back and when I am at home I don't hardly smoke at all. It is just when I get to work, I want a carton. Good luck.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This August will mark 10 years smoke free for me... and I STILL get cravings every once in a while though they pass quickly. Best decision I ever made.

Kudos to you and everyone else who made the decision to quit. It's the best feeling in the world to get rid of that vice!
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    This August will mark 10 years smoke free for me... and I STILL get cravings every once in a while though they pass quickly. Best decision I ever made.

Kudos to you and everyone else who made the decision to quit. It's the best feeling in the world to get rid of that vice!

This is super inspiring and it's encouraging to know that it's normal to get cravings once in a while, regardless of how long has passed. (: Thanks for posting!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    4 years since I quit smoking! Best decision ever, you can totally do it, especially since you've made it 7 days!! You got through the hardest part, it's not worth picking it back up after all your hard work so far :) someone else mentioned it, but every once in a while I still have a slight craving, but for the most part it's pretty easy after the first stretch.

However I also don't drink alcohol which helps a lot, that's when the cravings hit the hardest and also when it's the toughest to resist! My advice is to avoid drinking completely until your solid on the non-smoking habit. And also if you give in to one craving, don't think of it as a complete loss, just think of it as part of the journey and get right back to quitting.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I quit four years ago using an app by Jason Vale. Went from 20 a day to none overnight and it has been painless. I'd really recommend downloading the app as he explains the psychology of smoking in such a way it seems silly to carry it on.
    Well done on your journey so far, I wish you all the best
  • mss342
    mss342 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I quit 9 years ago cold turkey after 10 years of a pack and a half a day and it was hell. Today there are ecigs which give you the lung hit and can make it much easier. One thing ppl don't realize is smoking messes up the chemical balance in your brain permanently, not the addiction, that goes away with time, but for years after quitting I was short fused and moody. I fixed that with supplements that fuel the brain. I take Sam-e, phosphatidylserine, and fish oil. These really help and I would recommend them to anyone who's quit smoking. The bonus is they improve your memory and sharpness as well as boosting your mood. Good luck, be strong!