Options
Is that bad?

I burn 1k+ Calories daily
And eat 1400-1900 daily

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,076 Member
    Options
    When I'm actively losing weight, I have ice cream whenever I want it and it will fit within my calories. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Everything you think you know, can be wrong. What do you mean by bad? Context is what matters. What kind of ice cream, how much? How does this fit into your calorie and nutrition goals? Is your calorie goal set correctly? Are you logging correctly? Is 1400-1900 calories appropriate for you? Do you like the food you eat and the way you eat?
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You can have ice cream every day if you want, you just need to fit it into your calorie goals :) There's several kinds of lower calorie ice creams out there, which makes it easier to fit in!
  • natmax29
    natmax29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am eating ice cream (2 scoops) one-two times a week and i am always on track :) balance!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    As others have said, nothing wrong with ice cream, or any other food you enjoy, as often as you can fit it in your calories. Important to start with the right amount of calories to support your goals, get adequate nutrition. (Macro and Micro nutrients), and find foods that satiate you. With leftover calories you can fill them with whatever you like: ice cream, pizza, wine, etc.

That said, how are you measuring your calories in (food scale?) and calorie burn (gym machine? hRM? estimates?)? Eating 1400 and burning 1000 in exercise means you would be netting 400 cals which is neither healthy nor sustainable.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I buy high protein ice cream and fit it a few times a week since it's about the same protein as a shake and only 100 cals more. If your ice cream doesn't have a gram weight (like in Canada they're all in mL) remember 125mL = approximately half of that in grams or the ml setting on your digital scale though :)
  • lizholt326
    lizholt326 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream once or twice a week, sometimes more. I've cut back on other things, like pizza and beer, because I know realistically, they would make it harder for me to stay on track. But ice cream...never!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I know I hate 2 scoops of rainbow sherbet the other day for the first time in months and it was heaven. I wasn't even tracking calorie that day and I'm still losing.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I have found that treating myself regularly helps to keep me focused on this new way of eating. I make a point to have things that I don't normally allow myself (like French Fries, bread, ice cream, etc.) at least once a month. The bottom line is that while I may be blowing my limit, I am not eating nearly the same number of calories I was eating in the past, and, having these treats helps me to stay on track over the long term.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've found that now I've lost weight, I don't need as much to feel satisfied. The huge bowl of ice cream is now a small bowl of ice cream. And I have it whenever I feel like it and I have enough calories left to eat. Still losing weight.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    With all the ice cream/gelato I have in my house, it would go bad if I only ate it once a month.

I need to eat it to make freezer space for new things; you know for variety
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    With all the ice cream/gelato I have in my house, it would go bad if I only ate it once a month.

I need to eat it to make freezer space for new things; you know for variety

Haha.. aww.. see this is why I have three freezers.. and I still have no room!!