BIGGSET LOSER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE - the August Edition

Options
jackinorrie
jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
WE WANT YOU!

The summer is already ½ over - how are you doing sticking to your goals? We all know how hard it is to stick with it after week 1 let alone a whole month... Join with us for our August Challenge and keep your motivation going all month long! August can be your month!!

AUGUST REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN and we are welcoming new members to our monthly challenge.

WHO ARE WE? We are a lively group of individuals with a range of personal weight loss goals, lifestyles, and fitness levels. The sharing our ideas, struggles and motivations creates a supportive atmosphere and camaraderie while engaging in a friendly team based competition.

Leave a comment here, then click on the link below. Once on our home page, look for the announcement titled "August - New Member Registration/Starting Weights) to get started!

REGISTRATION

Registration ends this Saturday, August 29.

They say it takes 30 days to create a habit, this challenge can be your key to making the habit of weight loss stick ;)

Replies

• jackinorrie
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    YAY - excited to come back Jacki!
  • juliejules1011wi
    juliejules1011wi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!!
  • hockeymom225
    hockeymom225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How does this group work? Do we just come in weekly to record our weight? Is there like a FB group that goes along with it?
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    So thrilled to see you back!!
    YAY - excited to come back Jacki!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Registration thread!
    Let's do this!!!

Click the link above that says REGISTRATION and it will take you to our MFP page. The home page is where you will read about the group and register. Once registered you will be assigned to a team. There is a thread for your new team where you will weigh in AND where you will check in each day to share how your day was, share encouragement to your teammates and be part of a support system while you are engaging in friendly competition.

Hope to see you there!
    How does this group work? Do we just come in weekly to record our weight? Is there like a FB group that goes along with it?
  • smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try. I could use the extra motivation!
  • Cherok86
    Cherok86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok silly question but I weigh on Tuesdays so do I give my start weight as today's or next Tuesday? X
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    Today. You will lose weight until next Tuesday and report that weight as your Week 1 weigh in. That will show your loss for the week.
    Cherok86 wrote: »
    Ok silly question but I weigh on Tuesdays so do I give my start weight as today's or next Tuesday? X

• WilliamVE
    WilliamVE Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

@hockeymom225. In the MFP group are threads for each team. You post your weigh in results to your teams thread and the captain addis it to the results spreadsheet.

Results are published in the groups weekly.
    Cherok86 wrote: »

@Cherok86. You record you weight from this Tuesday and post it to the "AUGUST - NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION / STARTING WEIGHTS" thread in the group. You will be assigned to a team within 24 hours.

You then record your weight each Tuesday and post it to the team thread (where the captain will transfer it to the results spreadsheet). Results are published weekly.

Team threads are open for general discussion too (not just weigh ins). This so you can get help and also help your team mates.
    Let's do this!!!
    smc92079 wrote: »
    I'd like to try. I could use the extra motivation!

@juliejules1011wi. @smc92079. Welcome aboard. I've already assigned you both to teams. Looking forward to a great month.
    WilliamVE wrote: »
    I'm in

@WilliamVE. I've seen your post in the "AUGUST - NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION / STARTING WEIGHTS". You will be assigned to a team in the next 24 hours. Welcome aboard.

Should be a good month.
  • hockeymom225
    hockeymom225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm in
  • craigo3154
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ok. I'm in

@hockeymom225. Great.

I will assign you to a team.

Look forward to seeing you there.
  • Ivy_02
    Ivy_02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in please. I've been struggling with my weight for the past 3 years now.
  • zoe1928
    zoe1928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in
  • Heatherpuggy2018
    Heatherpuggy2018 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Quote:

I will assign you to a team.

Look forward to seeing you there.

I love this approach - I am in - I will follow the instructions above. Thank you for all the hard work you are putting into managing/administrating this.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This sounds like just the right challenge to get me back on track!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Registrations still open.

All registrations to date have been placed in teams ready to start.

Should be a good month.
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Love <3 to see so many of you registering for our Group!!
    Registrations are open until Saturday night EST (east coast US).

:D Jacki
  • Juniper1221
    Juniper1221 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie. Think it's great you do this. I'd like to join, need the motivation.
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This sounds like just what I need!