Lower Back issues

Options
Sankf
Sankf Posts: 8 Member
Hello guys I got a lower back issues the last 4 years ;my job need physical strengths I'm trying to make strong muscles around my core but is painfull; what kind of exercises suggest me.?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Google "transversus abdominis exercise". Practice it all day long.

Google "abdominal bracing". Do it during any physical activities, including your job.

If you need more help, you should see a physical therapist or an orthopedist. :+1:
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Have your doctor refer you to a physical therapist. You can get exercises specific to your situation. I had severe back problems for a few years, and learning to do the exercises I needed eventually took care of the situation.
  • Sankf
    Sankf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a chiropractor for a year now which plays with the nerves because I had a car accident and my brain don't send the right message to the right muscles when need to respond ..I'm better but I like to add some exercise I'm doing the physical therapist exercises but doesn't make me stronger and after a while the pain comes back
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting basically "cured" my lower back problems. Get cleared by a doctor, make sure you have no injuries. Be careful. I still have to go relatively light on deadlifts so as not to pull my back. I listen to my body and try to stay safe while still pushing myself.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Best suggestion don't take any advice from anybody on this app. Without knowing your specific condition they could give you advice even though they think it's helpful that can really mess you up.
    Please talk to your doctor and get referred to a physical therapist.

I will give you hope I used to have chronic back problems and I lost 80 lb and now the back is much better with a lot less pain
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Sankf wrote: »
    I'm doing the physical therapist exercises but doesn't make me stronger and after a while the pain comes back

are you seeing a physio, or are these exercises you were given earlier in your recovery process?

i'd go back to one and ask them for guidance. an injury bad enough to mess up your brain/muscle neurology probably needs someone who's actually able to see it and assess you to find the best approach. explain what you're looking for and why, and see what they say.

• ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm no help, I had to get a microdiscectomy. That cleared up my problems.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Core strengthening as part of my overall strength training program solved most of my back pain issues. There are still some exercises I avoid or modify due to disc degeneration (OA).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Sankf wrote: »
    I'm seeing a chiropractor for a year now which plays with the nerves because I had a car accident and my brain don't send the right message to the right muscles when need to respond ..I'm better but I like to add some exercise I'm doing the physical therapist exercises but doesn't make me stronger and after a while the pain comes back

Go back to the physical therapist and discuss this with them.