Beachbody workout calories burned

How do I figure out how many calories I burn from the Beachbody workouts? Right now I'm starting Shift Shop which is one day cardio and one day with weights

Replies

• ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    I use my fitbit. Do you have a heart rate monitor?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Why doesn't BB provide calorie burn for their workouts?!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »

Calorie burn depends on your weight, and how intense you work out. Two hundred pound person working hard will burn totally different number of calories vs. 100 lbs person who "phones it in".
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »

Calorie burn depends on your weight, and how intense you work out. Two hundred pound person working hard will burn totally different number of calories vs. 100 lbs person who "phones it in".

Yes, but no calorie calculator accounts for your effort. BB could give an average for 150 lb person.
    Heart rate monitor data is often misapplied, for example not good for weights.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    I remember when BB used to give you calorie burn for their "systems". They were grossly exaggarated to the point of being useless. I seem to remember that they claimed 1000 calorie burn for one of their Turbo Fire workouts. How did they even come up with that? As you state, heart rate monitors are not good for weights, yoga, pilates or barre. They're good for cardio workouts though.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Just use your TDEE and don't count the calories
  • angeliaruth621
    angeliaruth621 Posts: 1 Member
    What is TDEE?