Intake 1400kcal/day anybody else?? =)

Options
today is my first day for controlling what i eat 1400kcal/day not that easy tho lol

Replies

• Jza85
    Jza85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mines slightly higher then that im at 1500, its my second day and feeling a bit hungry.
    Best of luck you too!
  • Maggyms16
    Maggyms16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am on 1400 a day for a few weeks now. Hope we can help, support and motivate each other on this journey.
  • HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Rroosie, i bet it is not easy on 1400cals a day. I guess it has a lot to do with which macros your calories r coming from predominantly as to whether u continue to b hungry or not. :)
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes mam :)
  • tony160279
    tony160279 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mines 1500. I found I was eating a lot of snacks through the day to get my numbers up. Chicken slices, tin of tuna, nuts etc
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! Don't just pick a number, let MFP calculate what you need. The formulas are pretty accurate these days. For most people trying to lose weight, us the "sedentary" and "lose 1 lb per week." (Unless you have a job where you're on your feet all the time, then you need to experiment with bumping up the calories.

Note that for me, ~2000kcals (plus exercise cals) is maintenance. ~1500kcals (plus exercise) leads me to lose about a pound a week. ~1400kcals seems pretty reasonable for most women.

About hunger: some hunger is to be expected when dieting. After all, you're eating less than you need! It gets better after a week or two (!). Playing with macros can help. My constant advice to people is not to overeat protein and don't be afraid of high-quality fats (olive oil, butter, nuts, and cheese), just log them accurately.

If you want to play around with various BMR/TDEE calculators, check out:

http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Note that "Mifflin St Jeor" is the formula that MFP supposedly uses.
  • chesstauren
    chesstauren Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I live on 1200 cal a day. Plus I exercise...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I live on 1200 cal a day. Plus I exercise...

Whether that's adequate nutrition totally depends on your height, weight, sex, age and level of activity. I'm sure there's some variation for individual physiology as well, but I haven't seen that documented. If you are interested, you can have your BMR measured for short money.

(I'll challenge you with this question: is your goal to live or to thrive?)