New in the UK :)

Options
Tabby1980
Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
Hi, another newbie here... I started using this site as a food diary on Monday and I'm already addicted! I can't believe some of the mistakes I was making about what was and wasn't healthy!
My husband and I recently started trying for a baby but I don't think it will happen until my body is in better shape :( Plus if I do get pregnant I want to be fit and healthy so I can cope better with everything that comes with having a child. I'm looking to loose at least 100lb eventually so I guess I'll be here for the long haul!
I would love to get some friends on here for moral support, especially people from the UK with a large weight loss target, hopefully we can motivate and support each other :)
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Tabby x

Replies

• curiousmissclay
    Options
    Hi Tabby!
    Im in the Uk and im also init for the long run lol im aiming to loose about 80lbs in all and it would be nice to have a friend on here thats in the UK.

xx
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place for support Tabby, Feel free to add me, good luck

Gem
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi!

There are loads of MFPers in the UK - welcome to the party. You've come to the right place for help and support.
  • cammers74
    cammers74 Posts: 45
    Options
    Im in Berkshire UK, anyone feel free to add me, the support is always appreciated! :)
    Lynds
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow - thanks for the replies ladies :)
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im in the uk and I'm looking to lose about 5 or 6 stone (whatever that is in pounds lol)! Feel free to add me too :)
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You are right to be excited this is great :smile:
    I'm in Lancashire, add me if you want to :flowerforyou:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Hey im in Scotland - and here for the long haul to - 75 pounds to loose altoghter. Welcome to the start of the rest of your life :) xxxx
  • liamsmummy09
    liamsmummy09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in UK too - North Yorkshire. God luck with your weight loss, you're definitely in the right place. Feel free to add me too if you like :smile: x
  • PorkyChops
    PorkyChops Posts: 11
    Options
    Another UK member on my 2nd week and absolutely loving it.

The support is great, the members are real friendly, but the best bit is the info you get from the database.

I`m doing 2000 cals a day, am never hungry, and have even started exercising again, the first time in 20 years!

Considering I was eating up to 4500 cals a day and I am more than satisfied eating 2000 now, you`ll find it amazing too.

Best of luck
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here in the uk too.
    I have been using this site for about 9 weeks, I have lost 11kg.
    This site is an incredible tool, i have leant so much about what i eat. Also unlike certain other sites its free.
    Enjoy and good luck in your goals.
    Mark
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hiya, welcome there are loads of us UK folk here supporting each other. The site has really grown and definetely gets the best results, I recently came back after a 6 month try at the WW Pro Points, well lets say I didn't get the results, cause i need to see those numbers on the scales falling to keep me motivated each week.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm UK too, 40 years old with older kids, working full-time. Would love some new UK friends too, the Americans are lovely but if I get an early night I generally miss most of them :-)
  • Sarah8311493
    Options
    Hey I'm in the UK, Have 20 Lbs ...correction 18 Lbs to lose and am full of encouragement, also in a good mood as i said no to a bacon butty this morning....... Feel free to add me!!
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi there im in the uk wilsthire,, ive lost 47lbs so far on MFP so you are on the right road hon..welcombe !!!!:smile::flowerforyou:
  • pdpmcm1980
    pdpmcm1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

I'm totally in the same boat as you, with a lot of weight to lose before hoping to start a family. I live in Reading, Berkshire and this is my 2nd week on MFP!
  • vanlaura
    vanlaura Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi ! I'm in the UK have an initial goal of around 50lbs to lose and then I am going to see how I feel from there. Good luck with your weight loss , feel free to add me :)
  • KerryLou_19
    Options
    I'm from the UK too, anyone feel free to add me (:
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hey I am also in the UK (Scotland in fact). I have around 60lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other. Also be more than happy for others who have posted on this thread from the UK to add me aswell so we can have a large support network.
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    From the UK too here but Wales to be more precise! :) Feel free to add me too, put a little note telling me who you are in your message please so I know where you have come from!
    I'm aiming to lose about 42lbs in total and I'm almost at 20lbs! :)