Too much muscle

2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Why the hate for body builders?

Nobody hating on body builders, but claiming that you've "accidentally" developed a competition level body is absurd.

OP's last line.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member

Nobody hating on body builders, but claiming that you've "accidentally" developed a competition level body is absurd.

1000% this, especially as a woman the idea is absurd.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »

OP's last line.

Ah, That's certainly a possible explanation.

One of the reasons I almost always use the quote button.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Thread #21038012458 with "too much muscle" claims and no pictures. Congratulations!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member

this x 100000000000
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member

I was referring to the OP and her "not like a goddamn bodybuilder" line.....
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have a lot of lean mass from when I was 240lbs. I do think I have more lean mass than most women my height because of my weight history and the fact that I kept most of it lifting while I dieted down, but even still it wasn't what I thought it was. Even now I still have a decent amount of fat even though I look muscular. Trust me here, keep what you have and lift something. That's the only thing that'll save you from the lumps.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    tmqsik136djl.png

This is one kind of super muscular female body builder doing what must be done to become a super muscular female. Relax. Stay in a calorie deficit and you will lean out eventually.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    tmqsik136djl.png

This is one kind of super muscular female body builder doing what must be done to become a super muscular female. Relax. Stay in a calorie deficit and you will lean out eventually.

But she's not super bulky because of lean mass, she's got a large BF% too. It's necessary for what she doe but let's not pretend that she's some superhuman female muscle wise because she's still female. So even if OP started powerlifting, she's going to struggle to look anything like what she's perceiving as a bodybuilder.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited July 2017
    How about Meg Gallagher (MegSquats) from youtube? She is a competitive powerlifter with quite a following. Does she have too much muscle? She puts in mad gym time and doesn't look close to above picture. Being a powerlifter doesn't mean someone is fat or huge. It's a weight class sport that takes tons of dedication to compete or look even this damn good.
    xs2nbxjudpvo.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    It is very rare to find a female with too much muscle. Usually people just aren't seeing their body correctly.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    So OP looks like DLB during off season. Right.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    tmqsik136djl.png

shes not a body builder. she's an Olympic weight lifter. There is a difference. but yes she has muscles and doing what it takes to make them.