Fitbit Alta HR not tracking all exercises

I know this is not the first thread on this topic, however, I have not found an answer to my issue. My alta HR tracks my walking workouts without issue. It does not, however, consistently track my yoga, pilates, or weight workouts despite my heart rate being elevated for over 10 minutes.

So if the Alta HR is not tracking the weight workouts does it know to account for increase calorie expenditure during those times? Or should I be manually logging exercises that the Alta HR does not autorecognize? And if so to which platform (fitbit or myfitnesspal) as I use both?

Hopefully someone has an answer as I have had no success finding an answer to my questions despite searching on fitbit and MFP threads.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I rarely let my fitbit auto-recognize my workouts. Mostly because my workouts are generally weight lifting. I just choose the workout and manually start and stop my workout. Where I can't, like swimming (charge 2 is not swimproof), I just manually enter the duration of the workout.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    On which platform do you enter the exercise - the Fitbit platform or the MFP platform?
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    It's not going to detect those kinds of activities easily, that's why you will need to press the activity button to record those workouts.