Question Regarding Carbs

Options
Hey everyone,

As redundant as this question might sound, i had a question regarding carbs and calorie goals.

This weekend, there were a couple of Family Gatherings with a lot of Carb heavy foods. I did my best to limit myself although yesterday i DID have one hot dog and one burger followed by some white rice. Today, i had an ice cream cone as well as more white rice.

Both days i was UNDER my calorie goal, although i did eat more carbs than usual.

What kind of effect will this have on my diet? What will the carbs impact? Am i just looking at another water weight gain for the next two days? And what is the best way to get rid of this guilty feeling of eating carbs as well as the water weight i'll gain?

Thank You!

Replies

• jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Nobody will be able to answer this. You may see an increase, you may not. And don't feel guilty that you ate carbs. Unless you have a medical reason to watch your intake of them, they're fine. And water weight fluctuates 24/7, so feeling guilty about that is unnecessary as well.

Thank You! You're always extremely helpful!

• jaysanchez4
    Options
    I just ate a small bowl of white rice? Should I drink a lot of water or go for a run to sweat it off? I'm still under my calories for the day as well.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    It's hard not to feel guilty after eating white rice and meat but I was starving lol
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Thanks everyone !
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Thanks so much :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Assuming no medical condition eating carbs while maintaining your deficit will have no impact on your diet
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Really? Just a water weight gain that will disappear in a couple of days as long as I drink water?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You may not even see a gain.

I think you need to take a step back and NOT worry about the day-to-day changes. It's going to be a long process, and you're only going to stress yourself out.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Ok thank you, definitely need to relax lol
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    It's hard not to feel guilty after eating white rice and meat but I was starving lol

You should not be feeling guilty over eating carbs and protein, especially if you are under your calorie goal. If these feelings persist, especially if they start interfering with your day to day life I'd go and have a chat with your doctor who can refer you to a dietitian. This should give you piece of mind that you are doing fine and there is nothing evil about carbs.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Just like in your other threads, if you eat any food within your calories, you're fine.

No more guilt. Repeat after me: weight loss is all about calories. Carbs are okay.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Really? Just a water weight gain that will disappear in a couple of days as long as I drink water?
    Far from causing a water weight gain, research has found that having a higher than usual carb day seems to trigger a whoosh effect for some people.

• jaysanchez4
    Options
    Far from causing a water weight gain, research has found that having a higher than usual carb day seems to trigger a whoosh effect for some people.

What do you mean by whoosh effect?