Need support badly! Struggling mom....

Options
So in 2009, I started a mission to lose all the weight I had gained having 2 kids 14 months apart. I started at 172 and lost almost 60 lbs. in between 2009 and 2010. Fast forward to the last few years. I have since gained all but 10 lbs of that back. I have been unhappy and depressed with myself for becoming lazy. It's affecting my mood. My husband is a large man. 6'3 and pretty big and has came up with Diabetes over the last year or 2. I need someone in my life to help motivate and support me so maybe I can motivate him to lose some weight as well and get healthier. All my friends do the same thing. "You look fine. You don't need to lose weight." Well they don't see under the clothes I hide in and don't understand the pain and happiness that went along with losing all the weight. I felt so good about myself then. Please help motivate me to get back to where I used to be. I need it!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Better physical and mental health are going to be far better motivators than anything we can offer. Take care of yourself at this point. At some point it may (or may not) inspire your husband to lose weight but that is a secondary issue. Best of luck to you.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet goals. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your mini goals. Check out link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • ColetteD80
    ColetteD80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm feeling like that too when I look in the mirror. I had my baby 11 months ago and have been snacking, eating out and having a glass of wine with meals. No surprise I can't fit into my clothes. Trying to get back into exercise, healthy eating and cutting out on the crap.
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ColetteD80 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm feeling like that too when I look in the mirror. I had my baby 11 months ago and have been snacking, eating out and having a glass of wine with meals. No surprise I can't fit into my clothes. Trying to get back into exercise, healthy eating and cutting out on the crap.

I Understand all that!!!
  • Zhatan
    Zhatan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The thing with motivation is that it works differently for different people. Most of the time when someone tries to motivate me I just get pissed because it feels condescending.

When I feel I have gained too much weight again I just get my *kitten* together and cut down to 1000 kcal a day, while keeping protein intake high, initially and start working out 30-60 mins every day allowing for one day of rest per week if I feel I need it.
    I then increase my food intake to somewhere around 1500 kcal gradually over a few weeks.

This works well for me and you see results quickly which is all the motivation I need to keep going.
  • adawn1981
    adawn1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My story is much like yours! My kids are 18 months apart and are 2 and 3 1/2 now. My husband got diagnosed with tyoe 2 diabetes 3 years ago but does not eat healthy still. I've always been small, I was 10 pounds under pregnancy weight 4 months after my youngest was born, but now I've gained 30 pounds! I've been under stress and eating too much and drinking too much wine, but I'm ready to lose it. I used to eat my own healthy things while my husband ate unhealthy food, but I joined him on the unhealthy eating about 8 months ago and I'm sick of it.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    One meal, one day at a time mama. Set some small goals. I totally get it, my youngest is almost 5 and I'm still here, carrying the baby weight around :/
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    adawn1981 wrote: »
    My story is much like yours! My kids are 18 months apart and are 2 and 3 1/2 now. My husband got diagnosed with tyoe 2 diabetes 3 years ago but does not eat healthy still. I've always been small, I was 10 pounds under pregnancy weight 4 months after my youngest was born, but now I've gained 30 pounds! I've been under stress and eating too much and drinking too much wine, but I'm ready to lose it. I used to eat my own healthy things while my husband ate unhealthy food, but I joined him on the unhealthy eating about 8 months ago and I'm sick of it.

Let's do this! I'm ready to get back to me! I ate pretty good yesterday, drank 8 glasses of water and did some walking. Baby steps. That's how I am going about it!
  • nwagner15
    nwagner15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel all of this. After I had my daughter I lost almost 50lbs and felt fantastic...over the past few years I have gained 20 of that back, and feel miserable. Everyone tells me the same, you look great!! But they don't see the flabby stomach I have from eating chips and drinking wine...its so depressing. If anyone wants to add me, feel free, I need mom friends who are in the same situation as me. We can do this!!