Zuchinni Bugers?

Options
2»

Replies

• grace3812
    grace3812 Posts: 1
    Options
    This isn't exactly a burger recipe, but it is from the website Eating Well. They are Parmesan-Squash Cakes (using zucchini or summer squash). I'm sure you could throw this on a bun and it would be delicious!
    Here the link! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_squash_cakes.html
  • dewpetals
    dewpetals Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YAY! Now I know what to do with all that zucchini from the garden!! Thanks!!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bugers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL! ME TOO!!! HA. I was trying not to say anything, but you did, so I have to laugh!
  • dewpetals
    dewpetals Posts: 68 Member
    Options

OH MY! This entire website looks delicious! Thanks !!!
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Zucchini, Black Bean, Turkey Burgers

I put together this simple recipe the other night and the burgers turned out really good. I shredded 1 cup of zucchini and squeezed all the moisture out between paper towels (this is important to get as much of the moisture out as possible so the burgers will hold together),1/2 cup of low sodium black beans smashed into a paste-like consistency with a fork. Take zucchini and black beans and mix with10 ounces of 97/3 turkey. Shape into patties and "fry" in non-stick skillet with non-stick spray. Enjoy!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    These look fabulous!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I made these last night and served them on grilled whole wheat naan, spread with a little hummus and baked spicy sweet potato tots on the side!! They were SO good that I actually prefer them on their own! Next time, I might add a dash of lemon juice for acidity and maybe a touch of paprika. But what a fantastic recipe!! Thank you so much for sharing it!
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options

SOO Good. Great way to replace the greasy burgers. I paired it with a Sweet potato Fry Poutine! Had an amazing dinner and didnt get killed with sodium, calories and fat. :)