My beautiful pet cat died.

Options
2»

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.. As others have said, they are family, and it is painful to see them go - but it does get easier with time.. Prayers to you and your family.

janiebeth
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awww, I am so glad I posted my sadness about my sweet Pal. I felt kind of silly but all your posts are so nice and really very comforting. Thank you all of you who posted. So, so nice of you. God Bless each one of you. Have a wonderful day. Teri :heart:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So sorry, I hate losing my pets. I had to have one put down at 11 once, broke my heart.
    I lost my male on DEc 27th last year,he was the biggest coward ever and loved his home, food, warmth and never went far at all. Put posters up but no-one has offered any info. Someone should know something. It would be good if I knew what has happened so I can stop feeling upset. Thats life I suppose!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :cry: I know exactly what you're going through. I lost my wonderful Blacky cat several years ago. I still get teary eyed when I think about him. :cry: I hope your heart heals soon. At least your still have your wonderful memories. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • mburris
    Options
    :sad: I so sorry. I have a 15 year old cat named Churchie and a 9 year old dog named Bella. I know their time will come too. It is hard to think of life without them. Just keep in mind that the Lord loves our creatures just as He loves us. Pal will be waiting for you on the other side.
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    :cry: I am so sorry you lost Pal. My sister has a doggie named Rocky, and he's approaching his 14th birthday. I was never a "pet person" until I hung out with Rockford Destruction Morgan. He is so very precious, as was your Pal. I pray that your hearts heal soon, and just know that Pal will be in Heaven waiting for mama!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwwww I'm sorry.....our pets are a part of our family.....and it's tough to let go. :flowerforyou:

:cry: :brokenheart:

Just think......the kitty's up there in kitty heaven running around and playing and chasing mice :flowerforyou:

{hugs}
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I wanted to join in the voices to comfort you and send love your way. I too have many furry babies, and I can't even think about a time when they won't be here with me. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I wish you comfort. Take pride that you gave him a wonderful life. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I love my kitty so much so I can imagine the pain your in right now. It is scary to think of how short of time we have with them, 11-15 years or so just isn't long enough. My kitty will be 7 this summer and I sometimes get sad knowing he is almost 7 already and that I don't have THAT much time left with him.

He is a big boy too, about 17 pounds. Like yours, mine isn't fat either, just a big, long cat. But it's funny, for such a big cat he has the girliest meow. You're in my prayers and I hope your sadness soon turns to fond, happy memories with him.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    POEM_Gate.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

That's really beautiful. Though I think that would upset my mom a little that when my cat goes, she wouldn't have him with her in heaven until I get there. She LOVED him so much when she was alive, I sometimes thought she would break in my apartment and steal him, haha.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: So sorry for your loss. *Big hugs*
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    im so sorry to hear that :frown: I know how hard it must be :( Ill be thinking of you
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • linda57
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your cat:cry::cry: I too lost a cat last November. It is amazing how close we get to those little guys. My heart and prayers go out to you. My sister gave me her big Maine Koon cat cause she has been ill and can't care for him. That helped a little. In time you will heal. Blessings, Linda