Mums ??

Options
Hi

In my 30s Mum to 3 - looking for other Mums out there for support and motivation and especially meal ideas. I find it much harder to plan good low calorie low fat meals that the kids will eat too, find it much easier to do something for me and then something different for the kids but... we have a very hectic afterschool sporting activities so the kids also need healthy well balanced meals too......

Please add me as a friend if you are also a Mum and would like to motivate and support each other x

(PS - not leaving you out - any Dads that have same probs and want to join feel free)

Replies

• hannahcf
    hannahcf Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mum of 4 and I agree it is difficult. I tend to alternate between telling them they have to eat whatever healthy meal I've cooked, which works okay-ish most of the time but leads to a few battles, or doing 2 separate meals which is time-consuming. Ultimately I want them to have a taste for the healthy stuff and generally they do as we have always given them a lot of fruit and veg from the beginning and not much junk, but having said that there are days when I'm really tired so they get pizza or fishfingers! They will happily eat salmon (but it's expensive) and chicken. At the moment we are working on prawns! Vegetarian sausages go down well and are much lower in fat than normal ones. That's all I can think of for now. Good luck! I will send you a friend request, Hannah
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks..... ;)
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Forgot to say - from the UK ;)
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky with my girls my older 3 will eat pretty much anything but for night's them and daddy maybe having something not so healthy for me I have a stock of frozen weight watchers meals in the freezer so they can still have treats like pizza and chips and mummy's happy with one of them with some salad or weight watchers chips
  • joburridge
    joburridge Posts: 16
    Options
    Im very luck in the fact that my hubby works from home so he normally has started or has cooked tea by the time i get home... I get him to substitue parts of my dinner for more healthier options and a smaller portion... ie you can have pizza or lasange but have a smaller portion and a pile of salad.... Or if you can eat fewer calories during the day to allow the treat of sausages and chips etc with the kids then try that...

we have things like scampi and the kids get chips i get salad, lasange and a small portion and salad for me and kids get chips or just lasange..

I also try and get my kids to join in when iam doing my exercise videos and try and get them to understand that they can have nice foods and treats but they need to keep moving etc

HTH

Jo
    Mum to a 5 yr old and 3 yr old :)
  • harm30
    harm30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also from the UK (West London), am a mother of 2 and work full time. I kinda do what Jamhamster said and have healthy ready meals in the freezer for when the family is eating a not so healthy meal. But i tend to go for Tesco Lighter Choices as they are cheaper than weight watchers.
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Forgot to say - from the UK ;)

Thanks for all the replies and friend requests ;) Together we can do this... Good ideas too - thanks x

Post above should have said I am from the UK - not limiting to the Uk :)
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Anyone else ?