When do you "reward"?

Options
For those who have plenty of weight to lose, how often do you do a "mini-reward"? Every 10 pound, 20 pounds??

Replies

• thetorontokid2
    Options
    i've done it every 10 lbs so far! those are big accomplishments in my book!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have a treat each week, usually on a Weds. However this weekend I am off to London so may have to have some extras.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself everyday!
    Look in the mirror and tell yourself how great your doing. :)
    When you start to feel better about yourself ( at least this rang true for me) you will want to make yourself look better. Do once weekly spa night and paint your toenails,do a face mask,etc. These are as much a reward as motivation and rejuvenation to keep going.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I probably should have started the rewards sooner, but I guess I was punishing myself for all that weight I had to lose. I didn't start thinking about rewards until I'd lost 30 pounds, then I was pretty close to ONEderland and thought that would be a good start. My rewards will be every 10 pounds, starting at 199, until goal, which is 160. I like seeing a new set of numbers, like 189, 179, etc.
  • Rubyjjones
    Rubyjjones Posts: 48
    Options
    I usually treat Sunday's as my "cheat" day...I still watch what I eat, but I may have a few extra carbs that day.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a reward so much as a marker. I have a pandora style bracelet and I add on bead for every 10 lbs lost. I wear it every day to remind me of what I have accomplished so far. When I am done, it will have 12 beads on it... :)
  • notebelow
    notebelow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've set myself rewards at every 10lbs. Its little things that I want to buy but can't really warrant, like new bath mats or an awesome phone dock, or those cookie cutters you really like. That way its not taking an affect on the calories and it lasts longer than 5 minutes!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Gonna wait till I hit my goal weight to reward myself with something.
  • WinnieX
    WinnieX Posts: 67
    Options
    My view is every 10lb - but after the first 'reward' it took me ages to get the gain back off so my reward is a meal not a full day..

Good luck :-)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    WW gave me a sticker every 5 lbs when I was doing that, that kinda cool and feels about right. I do a little dance everytime I drop past a 10 marker now (150 is the next one). I'll probably buy myself a "Spibelt" when I get to 149. It'll be so useful for jogging!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i have a pandora bracelet. i lost my weight with weight watchers. this s how i do the reward:
    i got the bracelet and charm when i lost 50 lbs;when i made goal i got another charm as well with htting lifetime status. for every 3 consecutive months that i stay at goal, i'll get another charm
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a reward so much as a marker. I have a pandora style bracelet and I add on bead for every 10 lbs lost. I wear it every day to remind me of what I have accomplished so far. When I am done, it will have 12 beads on it... :)

that is SUCH a cute idea .. i might do that .. although i'm not crazy about pandora .. but maybe something else .. very cool!

as for myself .. i semi randomly picked a few numbers that pleased my eyes & then picked rewards for it!

see below in my signature. (:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea! You will look beautiful and what a great reminder of how far you've come!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT! Just may have to do this one as well!!! A bead for each 10 lbs, as well as incorporate my inches lost in to it as well! Then I can get a bead each month I maintain! OOOOOOOOO Loving this idea!!!!!

I plan on going to Victoria's Secret and getting all new under garments (I've already started since I am over half way to my goal!) Also I plan to get some new clothes once I hit my goal, as well as a spa day of pampering with some friends!

I do treat myself each day with something small to eat, usually ice cream of some milk and cookies. Seems to be working and stopping any binge junk food eating so far!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't have specific rewards planned for specific numbers in weight loss. It has been enough of a reward to shrink out of my big clothes :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I treat myself every saturday cuz that's my cheat day, no matter what weight I've lost or not..as ling as I know I've worked hard with my eating and exercise then why not ?
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    I haven't really done physical "rewards" yet...treats, jewelry etc...because I don't want to get to a "not so good" stretch and feel even more let down. Mostly my reward has been stepping on the scale and watching those numbers go down...and my energy level go up! However, I'm thinking in a few months I'm gonna need some new clothes, and this time I'm actually looking forward to shopping! :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I've kind of mapped out where I would like my progress to be for the next few years since I have a lot to lose. At first, I was going to do every ten pounds, but... that would have been A LOT of rewards. But now I've done it for every twenty pounds, and it seems to be working great. But my rewards are something I don't usually get like a bike or a gym membership. But you should give yourself mini-rewards for striving to be better each week. It makes the sweet sweeter.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I love this idea!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I love the bead idea..... love it.
    I bought myself a new diaper bag when I lost twenty lbs. I've just lost another ten, and am thinking of a smaller reward, so I think I might do what pp mentioned with dish towels or an apron or something that will make me want to cook healthier AND reward myself for my hard work.
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    I reward myself for every pound I lose.
    And my reward is bragging rights
    My boyfriend and I are both trying to lose weight

SW: 185
    CW: 172.6
    GW1: 170

8883185.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter