SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    junkyard dog

LeRoy Brown could kick its arss.
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @Zeroeffstogive you're my spirit animal.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    A butterfly
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's not what spirit animals do.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »

What do they do??
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »

What do they do??

For most people, a spirit animal offers love, healing and support.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I am my own Spirit Animal... :D

ncftnanvycjf.jpg

OMG!!!! <3
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The way I learned growing up is that a spirit animal brings lessons you need to learn. You also can have different animals for different times in your life--their time of influence could be short: months or weeks, or as long as decades. The animal will visit you in some way, which is why a spirit animal is often one that is indigenous to your area, but an animal from another region, or even an extinct or fantasy animal could visit in a dream... The animal's influence over that period in your life extends beyond his or her physical presence though--the time could teach you gently or could test you rigorously. The spirit animal could present as helpful, but could also take the role of trickster. It is up to you to open yourself to the lessons the animal brings.

So far I have had spirit animals of snake, mouse, frog, butterfly, rabbit, and dragonfly.

An animal that does your bidding would be a servant of some sort, but couldn't teach you as you would be controlling the situation.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    If I had a minion animal (because that's really the question, isn't it?) I think it would be a bear. This is assuming 0% chance of it turning on me. It could keep me safe and carry my stuff and also be warm and cuddly.

I think my spirit animal is probably a cat. I'm not really a cat person, but if I were to BE an animal, I'd be a cat. Lazy, grumpy, silly about 1.5% of the time.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    HyeKarma wrote: »

What do they do??

For most people, a spirit animal offers love, healing and support.

Thanks! :) I think the octopus at the Monterey Bay Aquarium was my spirit animal before. I'm pretty sure.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    t4v6hixwnhcp.gif
    This horse

Needs proper flag
    0ejvxcesnp7m.jpg
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    The way I learned growing up is that a spirit animal brings lessons you need to learn. You also can have different animals for different times in your life--their time of influence could be short: months or weeks, or as long as decades. The animal will visit you in some way, which is why a spirit animal is often one that is indigenous to your area, but an animal from another region, or even an extinct or fantasy animal could visit in a dream... The animal's influence over that period in your life extends beyond his or her physical presence though--the time could teach you gently or could test you rigorously. The spirit animal could present as helpful, but could also take the role of trickster. It is up to you to open yourself to the lessons the animal brings.

I had a spirit animal like that. But I have never done well in a classroom setting so the animal would always get mad at me for misbehaving during class. And I could never read its handwriting on the chalk board.

But what was funny is that I could tell the animal scratched its butt all the time by the chalk dust there.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vslee7voynu4.gif

" I want to party with you. "

~ bill murray
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I pick the Raven... or maybe it picked me.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

because

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

honey-badger-snake-o.gif

p.s.

giphy.gif?w=500&h=363