Do any thing you are proud of .... or not so proud of?

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
Hows everyone's week going? make any good choices that you want to praise to? Or did you do any not so good things you want to confess to?

Replies

• BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I wasted 3½ years, upon online dating websites; never again!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had hit the 'Pause' button on the weight loss campaign about 2 months ago, and pushed 'Play' again two days ago. So there's that.

I've made an effort to hang around the MFP forum (to the chagrin of some) daily, just to be in the presence of others who are winning with weight loss, so eventually getting back on track was inevitable.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

Im sorry you feel you wasted your time. Did you find someone? or did you not? Some people have real good luck with those sites and others don't. I met my first husband not on a dating site but on Myspace. Not myspaces fault lol. My current husband i met through work and the odd things was we realized after talking that we were both on the same dating sites and none of them ever matched us together. Now it is 6 years and 2 kids later. we would be a great dating app success story if it had been smart enough to pair us together.

• brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my brother offered me half of his big mac but i said no because i don't like big macs

wait what was this thread about again
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I had hit the 'Pause' button on the weight loss campaign about 2 months ago, and pushed 'Play' again two days ago. So there's that.

I've made an effort to hang around the MFP forum (to the chagrin of some) daily, just to be in the presence of others who are winning with weight loss, so eventually getting back on track was inevitable.

You know what they say: surround your self with positive people and it will rub off on you. Congrates on pushing play again. The only way you will loose at the weight loss game is not doing it at all. Hang in there and keep your head up. we are all in this together.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    my brother offered me half of his big mac but i said no because i don't like big macs

wait what was this thread about again

things you are proud of or not proud of doing.

Liking big macs or not that is a great thing to do. I am horrible about never turning down food. I was walking out of a meeting yesterday and bumped into a lady caring a tray of candy and asked if i wanted one. i saw my favorite right away and grabbed it and had it in my mouth before i could even think twice about taking it.
  • BattleRopes
    edited July 2017
    Options
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »

Im sorry you feel you wasted your time. Did you find someone? or did you not? Some people have real good luck with those sites and others don't. I met my first husband not on a dating site but on Myspace. Not myspaces fault lol. My current husband i met through work and the odd things was we realized after talking that we were both on the same dating sites and none of them ever matched us together. Now it is 6 years and 2 kids later. we would be a great dating app success story if it had been smart enough to pair us together.

Thank you! I only found undesirables, so no; I didn't find anyone & within the final 6 months, faux male profiles were being created regularly; to keep women's interest but I assume for several years prior, faux female profiles were being created; to lure men! Some websites've even been sued, for creating faux profiles!
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

Thank you! I only found undesirables, so no; I didn't find anyone & within the final 6 months, faux male profiles were being created regularly; to keep women's interest but I assume for several years prior, faux female profiles were being created; to lure men! Some websites've even been sued, for creating faux profiles!

wow that is insane. BUt i can see it happening. I just never had much success on them. Mostly people just looking for a one night stand. Stay in the game though. you will find what you are looking for :)
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes! This morning I did not want to work out. I said as much to my husband and he said to take a day off. I told him that if I took one day off, it would turn into two, and then I would never go back. So I went and had a great workout.

To be clear, I do have planned rest days, but today was not one of them.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym last night fully intending to do 30 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of strength training, but I was so hungry and tired after the 30 minutes of cardio that I went home :( I hadn't eaten dinner yet and it was 9 pm.

• mjtaylor87
    Options
    loneda wrote: »
    Yes! This morning I did not want to work out. I said as much to my husband and he said to take a day off. I told him that if I took one day off, it would turn into two, and then I would never go back. So I went and had a great workout.

To be clear, I do have planned rest days, but today was not one of them.

i know that feeling. i get stuck in the trap a lot. ill just take a day off and before i know it i have made up excuses all week for why i cant work out. So way to go in standing up against yourself and getting the work out in. I bet you feel better now too dont you :)
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    I went to the gym last night fully intending to do 30 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of strength training, but I was so hungry and tired after the 30 minutes of cardio that I went home :( I hadn't eaten dinner yet and it was 9 pm.

Just dont let that be a habit. keep a protein bar in your gym bag for when you are that hungry. but look at the up side. you got your cardio in :)
  • BattleRopes
    Options

wow that is insane. BUt i can see it happening. I just never had much success on them. Mostly people just looking for a one night stand. Stay in the game though. you will find what you are looking for :)

Lol I had no issue, with finding the opposite of what I was seeking though; mainly narcissists! Actually it's a great thing, that I didn't find someone; as I myself am also an undesirable but because of a debilitating disability (flaw) instead of by choice (fault) & since my health began rapidly declining, I'm just too sick; to date now!
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

Lol I had no issue, with finding the opposite of what I was seeking though; mainly narcissists! Actually it's a great thing, that I didn't find someone; as I myself am also an undesirable but because of a debilitating disability (flaw) instead of by choice (fault) & since my health began rapidly declining, I'm just too sick; to date now!

Work on getting your self right and then other things will fall in place. i found that you really truly find what you are looking for when you finally stop looking for it.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options

Yikes, don't do that. That's how calorie mistakes are made in moments of weakness.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    Proud! This was my morning.... Actually it's 62 lbs, but this pic was cooler than the 62 pound one with bowling balls.

87c9ndh8pwso.png

that is awesome. way to go!!!!!!!!!!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Proud! This was my morning.... Actually it's 62 lbs, but this pic was cooler than the 62 pound one with bowling balls.

Thanks! It's hard to want to feel proud knowing how far I still have to go, but I have a few MFP friends that are challenging me in PMs to change the way I see myself. Also to quit putting myself down & being a dick in general to myself. I don't think I would have gotten this far without their encouragement & the encouragement of the rest of the folks on my wall from my FL.
    I may act like a bitchy dumb *kitten* on the forums, but my wall is mostly getting down to my meeting goals & having fun while I do.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options

Thanks! It's hard to want to feel proud knowing how far I still have to go, but I have a few MFP friends that are challenging me in PMs to change the way I see myself. Also to quit putting myself down & being a dick in general to myself. I don't think I would have gotten this far without their encouragement & the encouragement of the rest of the folks on my wall from my FL.
    I may act like a bitchy dumb *kitten* on the forums, but my wall is mostly getting down to my meeting goals & having fun while I do.

I have the same problem everyone says im to hard on my self. but really its my own fault i got this bad. i cant seem to get past 13lbs. i try and try and then end up falling off the wagon again and gaining it back. but i always get back on it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I got married.
    That fits both.