What are YOU most proud of this past week??

Options
Sometimes there are other things besides the number on the scale that make you proud of living a healthy lifestyle. What are some things this past week that YOU are most proud of??

For me, its been busting my hump during this 2nd week of half marathon training. For the first time since I started running, i ran 3 days in a row and I feel GREAT! There was even 1 day when i came home from work and didnt really feel like doing my run, but forced myself to do it anyway!

So lets hear what has made YOU proud this past week!

Replies

• JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was very proud that I was able to run a 1/4 mile in 3m 9s. I believe that is the longest I ever ran in a very very long time.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I went out of town for a wedding last weekend and worked out in the hotel gym both days - something I never would have done before!! But I knew I needed some extra workouts with all of the wedding food over the weekend :) Great job on the running - you're doing awesome!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This week was a tough, emotional week. Honestly, I can't think of only one thing. So I'll list them. I rode my bike that I haven't ridden for 2 years, lost 4 pounds, refused cake at a retirement celebration, and refrained from derailing all my hard work by emotionally eating a bunch of junk. It feels good!
  • TooFit2Quit
    Options
    Tried a new workout machine at the gym that I only see the guys doing. Pssst it wasn't that hard hehe
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    This week I tried on a shirt that wasn't in the plus-sized section and it actually fit! Also, I lost 4lbs and am officially below pre-pregnancy weight!!
  • dgoods123
    dgoods123 Posts: 3
    Options
    I worked out all 5 mornings this week. I swam for the first time in over 2 years & I did a 60 min. spin class.
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    joining the mother firetrucking gym!!! :laugh:
    and actually going!!! twice!! only reason i didnt go a third time was i pushed myself too hardand am way too sore
    and maybe becoming a gym junkie right off the bat:love::love: :love:
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Every morning this weekend I woke at 4:45am and hit the treadmill before work buring no less than 300 calories......
  • soydieta
    soydieta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not eating ANY bread or cheese. :smile:
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I walked down the doughnut isle about 5 times in 5 minutes. someone probably thought i was lost or something. BUT i didn't buy one.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When on vacation, my husband, sister-in-law and I all signed up for a bike tour. The tour guide and I had to stop and wait for the other bikers multiple times. I realized how all that time in the gym had really paid off. I wasn't exhausted at all... in fact, I was just enjoying the ride.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to complete the full 40 minutes of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. Of course, my legs are aching from it today, but it was so worth it. I didn't think I could do it, but I did. And I'm glad I have kept my eating in check.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am so Very proud Of My Amazing MFP Family.. They are Just Reaching new goals and accomplishments daily & the Positive attitudes/energy is overwhelming, they are Frickin Awesome... They Have Definately Kicked Booty this Week!!! Woot...Woot..

I love them all, and they know this!!!!!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    This week has had devastating moments for our family. Instead of eating our feelings my husband I and I made good choices and talked about things. Usually we would turn to junk food, or wine or any instant gratification, but we dealt with our problems, stuck to our diets and feel like we are growing and making progress!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did all my workouts I wanted to this week and then some! THe scale finally started to move down again and lost a bunch of inches as well!!!!!!! VERY HAPPY!
  • TCB2day
    TCB2day Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post! It's so important to acknowledge and celebrate our accomplishments - big and small! This week I lost 2 pounds. I stayed within calories. I exercised as planned. I met my dear friend for dinner last night and stayed within calories. I researched the restaurant menu ahead of time and pre-selected my meal. We had a wonderful time and the focus was on good conversation - NOT food!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Did my belt buckle up one more hole tighter :o) actually going to have to move to smaller jeans soon :o)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tried a new workout machine at the gym that I only see the guys doing. Pssst it wasn't that hard hehe

Which machine??

Im really enjoying everyones responses, VERY INSPIRING!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Starting 30DS
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I agree! I think I almost enjoy reading other peoples NSV's more than seeing their weight loss! You guys are doing GREAT!!!! I am pretty new on here but I am very proud of myself for getting up and exercising....finally getting back on my elliptical! Thanks for this topic! Great idea! I hope you all have a very blessed day!