Getting back on the wagon!!! ***30lb weight loss***

Options
After a roller coaster year I am back where I started 30lbs heavier smh...last year I was 313 and by mid summer I was eating healthy and exercising 3 times a week. Shortly after my wife became pregnant and I took on another job. Poor diet choices lack of sleep and hard work led me back to where I began. Now I have mustered the strength and ready to get back on the wagon. Can anyone out there relate? Any words of encouragement? Feel fee to post, I wish you all the best and may good health be in our future #godspeed

Replies

• gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Life is what happens when (fill in blank here).

I have not been in this position for many years but nothing really changes so I believe I may answer.
    A baby in the works - stress city on you, no matter which of you is carrying the baby. I give that at least 700 extra calories per day.
    Working another job - 1500 extra calories per day easy
    No sleep- you ar so groggy during the day you can't move and yet you are up at night - giving this at least 400 calories in loss of all seeming control over what was "your" life but now seems to be about everything else but you.
    LOVE YA BECAUSE:
    You only gained 30 lbs in that year. Both my husband and I gained at least 50 lbs each when this was happening. You. Rock.
    Getting back to it after only one (1) year is amazing. I couldn't even start until 18 months You. Rock.
    ENCOURAGEMENT:
    Once the kid starts moving, you lose weight running after them. Hey Don't! Wait! Stop! Does not mean anything. You have to get up. I didn't sit down for almost 2 years. And it was an awesome 2 years watching my kid learning about everything. You. Will. Rock.
    Going to work seems better and more fun because a) I was with adults b) I could go home and snuggle my kid, or watch him sleep or play legos. You. Will. Rock. This.

Believe it or not you have a magical time here and a golden opportunity to lose weight with love, fascination and distraction.
    Rock it my friend.
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Over the past year and a half I put on an enormous amount of weight. I changed from an extremely active job where I was on my feet all day to a less active job. The weight kept piling on but each time I looked at the scales I thought to myself "meh it's not much" but now it out of control.
    Change your diet slowly and your body and mind will catch up, take it day by day or week by week.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with life changes creating changes in your motivation and weight. I've started to lose many times but could never stick to it until this year. I got sick of being on blood pressure meds. I got sick of being big yet felt invisible. I got sick of being tired. I got sick of not being able to keep up with my kids. I got sick of the thought that I could change all of it and I wasn't. I am not a quitter, so why quit in me? So many reasons, why wasn't I doing it!

In January I decided that I am going to switch things up an accept that I am going into uncharted territory for me and roll with it. I put me first. For the first month I exercised every single day for an hour whether I was tired or not. I had to prove to myself that I could do it, to my surprise it felt so good. It was such a confidence booster. Fast forward 8 months and I've lost 95lbs and I've learned to love to gym. Who knew?! I started 354. Now when I eat that pizza I know exactly how long it will take me to burn off. Now when I go to bed I don't have to take bp meds. Now when I go to bed I feel like I have accomplished my goals. Now when I go to bed I know my kids see me working so hard to better me and it rubs off them and I see how much better of a mom I am. You can do this, we can all do this. Just destroy the excuses and take that hour of tv and watch it at the gym or exercise at home. In a short time you'll feel like a new person. I wish you the best. If you'd like, friend me, pm questions..I'd love to be a part.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I can relate! Sounds like you've got a lot going on in your life. Might I suggest going on a walk every day after work, or after dinner, with your wife? You or your wife can carry the child in one of those backpack or front pack carriers. It's a great break for the both of you, you'll get some fresh air and a little exercise. I find it to be a nice way of decreasing stress. When my son was born, I really appreciated that time with my husband. And I slept better at night, too!
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Life is a series of phases. You are in a new phase! Don't beat yourself up about regaining weight. You are smarter now, with more experience under your belt. Not only can you lose the weight again, you can think of ways to maintain better when you enter yet another phase of life - because it's going to happen! You've got this.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    At 5'2" I stumbled last year and regained 25 pounds. Rather than gain more I got back on here and 7 months later I'm down 14 #. You can do this!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I can relate! Sounds like you've got a lot going on in your life. Might I suggest going on a walk every day after work, or after dinner, with your wife? You or your wife can carry the child in one of those backpack or front pack carriers. It's a great break for the both of you, you'll get some fresh air and a little exercise. I find it to be a nice way of decreasing stress. When my son was born, I really appreciated that time with my husband. And I slept better at night, too!

I think this is a great idea. The two of you get some time to talk, you feel better physically getting outside and moving, and you will all rest better. You've got this!