Heard someone clapping while running...

Options
Realized it was just my thighs cheering me on xD I'm 28, 182lbs, 5'3", mommy, bookworm, TWD fan, and trying to become a runner. My goal is to reach 120 lbs eventually I know it will take awhile, there are no quick fixes, this has to be a lifestyle change, I'm just now accepting that and determined to stay on track and not fall off in the winter like I normally do. I've had to stay off my feet this past week because of plantar fasciitis and I hate it, I feel like I'm going to lose all my running progress. I'm not on a specific diet, just eating more protein, veggies and less white carbs and sugar. I do allow myself a cheat day, what's the point if I can't have chocolate or cheesecake once in awhile?? Looking for some friends who need motivation and who'll give motivation in return. I'll be honest and straight forward with you because that's what I want too.

Replies

• haalastar2
    haalastar2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but i wish I was. I had plans of becoming one in 2015 when I found out I was pregnant. So I just moved my plan to 2016...then I got pregnant again lol now it's hard to even push the double stroller at a walk so...at least for now I'm a walker lol
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Be sure to get good shoes & socks to support your feet. I'm a Made in USA New Balance gal (you can customize them online!). And, I do like Thorlos moderate cushion socks... (Be sure to wash them according to directions.)
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started out alternating between walking and running with gritted teeth and now I love running. It is my escape, my thinking time, and I always feel better after running. It is still tough to get started, especially if it is winter, dark outside, and the treadmill is involved. But after about 10 minutes I start to enjoy it. I am 10 years older than you, but also a mom and an avid reader (mostly mysteries) and I am trying to lose 10 pounds.
  • Wrongleverkronk
    Wrongleverkronk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get fitted for decent running shoes! It makes all the difference in the long term. Good luck!!
  • DanglingParticiple
    DanglingParticiple Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haha! Love it! I only run if the cops are chasing me. ;) Do you follow fatgirlrunning? She's super inspirational, even to us non-runners. She's a wonderful advocate of body acceptance and being all that you can be now.
  • mariafast7862
    mariafast7862 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haha! Love it! I only run if the cops are chasing me. ;) Do you follow fatgirlrunning? She's super inspirational, even to us non-runners. She's a wonderful advocate of body acceptance and being all that you can be now.

I have! She's awesome. I'd honestly be happy if half marathons was as far as I get or possibly a full marathon, everything else seems crazy. But I still think it's awesome how others can push themselves like that.
  • Kristi2527155
    Kristi2527155 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have! She's awesome. I'd honestly be happy if half marathons was as far as I get or possibly a full marathon, everything else seems crazy. But I still think it's awesome how others can push themselves like that.

I am walk for an hour everyday and go to gym
  • mariafast7862
    Options
    Make sure you get fitted for decent running shoes! It makes all the difference in the long term. Good luck!!

I've never given shoes much thought, I've just bought whatever. This is my first injury too. Actually my last run before my foot started hurting I did 4 miles in socks and I thought it went well. What I think caused it was the flip flops I wore the rest of the day, those flip flops have given me problems before. I got the idea to run in socks from a book called "Born to run"

• mariafast7862
    Options
    I started out alternating between walking and running with gritted teeth and now I love running. It is my escape, my thinking time, and I always feel better after running. It is still tough to get started, especially if it is winter, dark outside, and the treadmill is involved. But after about 10 minutes I start to enjoy it. I am 10 years older than you, but also a mom and an avid reader (mostly mysteries) and I am trying to lose 10 pounds.

That's how I start out too, run/walk then I increase the run and shorten the walk, I'm only up to a mile run before I need a walking break. I hope I can keep up some sort of workout regimen in the winter so I don't have to start over in the spring. I'm the worst on the winter! :-/
  • mariafast7862
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    Good luck! Be sure to get good shoes & socks to support your feet. I'm a Made in USA New Balance gal (you can customize them online!). And, I do like Thorlos moderate cushion socks... (Be sure to wash them according to directions.)

I'll have to look up those brands next time I need shoes. Have you ever had plantar fasciitis?
  • mariafast7862
    Options
    haalastar2 wrote: »
    I'm not a runner but i wish I was. I had plans of becoming one in 2015 when I found out I was pregnant. So I just moved my plan to 2016...then I got pregnant again lol now it's hard to even push the double stroller at a walk so...at least for now I'm a walker lol

I know! I am sooo slow with my jogging stroller, I have a 5 and almost 3 year old that I push when I do run with them. I actually made a goal to run with them at least once a week before my foot started to hurt, to help with endurance and such.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a runner as well. Recently had to start from nothing again after a broken ankle. Happy to support as much as I can.