It's time for me to improve my health and fitness journey, doing it with KIDNESS this time! :)

Options
vvvvv45501
vvvvv45501 Posts: 20 Member
Hello!
I have been using MyFitnessPal for a long time, but in really different ways...
back when I was young I was a bit chubby and I've always been self conscious about my body and my weight. One day I understood that, yes I didn't like the way I looked, but I never really did something to change it.
I started dieting... back then I new nothing about calories or nutrition, but the weight came off. I started running and exercising and also started loving it! The weight decreased faster and faster... nothing was good enough! I ended up hospitalized and struggling with anorexia.... this is the short story, otherwise it would take me ages ahaha.
After one and a half year I gained weight back but my mind still struggles with this illness.
I went through a binge/restrictive cycle... actually still going through it even if I'm slowly improving!
As I said I did gain weight but I do look a but slimmer than before due to the fact I've always been exercising since I started this "journey".
I'm 165 cm and 56-58 kg now. I don't say I'm fat or anything similar but I still don't like my body. This is probably due to the fact that my mind is still struggling with anorexia and will probably always be. I would like to go down to 51-52 kg... but stop there this time.
I've been trying to lose weight many times since I gained it back but I'm slowing understanding that I need to listen more to my body and focus on being healthy... the weight will come off with time!
I need to stop thinking about quick fixes! I want a lifestyle! A durable one. Especially now that I'm starting university in September!

1) I want to focus on my nutrition... trying to be in a caloric deficit but still getting all my nutrients and never skipping a meal! I kind of think that my body works better when I get a bit of all the macronutrients at each meal (while before I used to eat them separately), that's why I'm trying to follow what my body is telling me.
This is kind of the most difficult part for me now. I tend to do pretty well for a couple of days, then I get sad and depressed about my body and I try to be super strict and then I end up binging and start all over again! This is seriously damaging my physical and mental health. I need to stop this and I hope I'll be able to find some support here when I feel down and sad. Some support to keep me going.

2) then I would also like to start listening to my body more often. Sleep more, try to rest when I need to instead of pushing myself like I needed some sort of punishment! I would like to start a new hobby to keep my stress level low... since I tent to get extremely stressed.

3) I want to focus then on my fitness routine! I'm already pretty active. I try to go running 4 times a week (9/10 km in 50/60 minutes), do some HIIT body weight exercises 1/2 week or do some steady strength training instead (focusing on my core and legs). I would really love to find a better and more balanced nutrition (as told before) in order to be able to improve my current physique. I would like to look leaner and be stronger, push myself with kindness towards new goals.

I hope I have you all more or less a general idea. This post might be a bit confusing though. I had a lot to say, many things I wanted to express and not a lot of time to write it.

I would love to hear some tips from you all: recipes you tried and liked, workouts or weekly fitness routines you follow, how to relieve stress, how many rest days you have (if you have any?¿)... and many more things!!!
I hope to be able to find a community and some support hear and to be, at the same time, support for others!
Have a nice day :)

Replies

• vvvvv45501
    vvvvv45501 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please check my food journal for accountability and to share tips.
    The key word to see it is abc12345678
  • annasutherlandg
    annasutherlandg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    #lifeimprovementgoals