Long time listener, first time caller!

Options
Hi everyone! I started on my weight loss journey right after last Christmas. Catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror was enough for me to make a drastic change and that's exactly what I did. As of today, I've lost 46.6 pounds and plan on dropping another 10 before I reverse and eventually maintain at 185 - 190. Additionally I've dropped around ~14ish percent body fat in the process. I've always been pretty active and even competed in a couple bodybuilding shows over 20 years ago, but I let life get the best of me prior to last Christmas. More than anything I've learned just how important food intake is, and I've become a true believer in the IIFYM approach. I decided to check out the MFP forums because the MFP app has played a huge role in achieving my goals and it definitely keeps me on track. I wish all of you nothing but success in achieving your fitness goals!

Replies

• Mandosca
    Mandosca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. what exactly does IIFYM stand for? Great job on the weightloss so far. 46 pounds is awesome!
  • seramachickens
    seramachickens Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! Way to go.
    What's IIFYM?
  • Strives4Progress
    Strives4Progress Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    IIFYM = if it fits your macros
  • mrhicksta
    mrhicksta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mandosca wrote: »
    Hmm.. what exactly does IIFYM stand for? Great job on the weightloss so far. 46 pounds is awesome!

Thanks! Yeah, IIFYM = if it fits your macros aka flexible nutrition. It's worked out very well for me so I'm going to see just how far I can take it :smile:.