Leftover unhealthy food

Options
How do you deal with having something like leftover pizza? I had a huge box of margherita pizza leftover and of course I finished the last 2 slices today that ended up being a bajillion calories. For some reason I feel horrible for throwing away bad food, and if it's in the house I of course eat it! Any advice? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I have pizza, we put the leftovers in the refrigerator and heat it up in the microwave. Its not to bad reheated. :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! Just had the last slice of veggie pizza. :)
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    How do you deal with having something like leftover pizza? I had a huge box of margherita pizza leftover and of course I finished the last 2 slices today that ended up being a bajillion calories. For some reason I feel horrible for throwing away bad food, and if it's in the house I of course eat it! Any advice? Thanks in advance :)

I don't throw away food. It's funny that you mention leftover pizza because that's exactly what I'll be having tomorrow. You are being dramatic, it's not a bajillion calories, it's not bad food and it's not a big deal. If you fit the slices of pizza into your log today, you'll have no problem fitting them into your log tomorrow.

This.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I either give it to someone else (like my husband if I went out with friends...or to my mom who is a single senior), throw it away, or more often I eat it as leftovers and plan so it's not too crazy calorie wise. Like 1 big slice of pizza and a salad instead of 3 slices. Or throw away the crust and for lunch the next day I'll eat the cheese & toppings only, with an omelet and veggies.

But in restaurants, I usually eat all I can and then if there are leftovers I don't take them home. It's kind of a hassle (to me and sometimes the staff) and I usually have enough meals planned out at home that I don't want to throw a random 1/3 calzone into that already-planned-out day or week...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I usually get a junior size or personal size pizza so no leftovers for me. If there's other leftover pizza we save a piece because our daughter eats it the next day and then cut a piece or two up for our dogs and throw out the rest.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    2DUNNY wrote: »
    you can always freeze food. maybe one day next week or next month, reheat the pizza (or other food)
    when you have calorie room in your day.

This. I always freeze leftover pizza
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I often eat leftovers for breakfast or lunch.
    I pre-log my food and if one meal is higher calorie than the other meals will be lower calorie that day.
    I don't think of foods as unhealthy unless I am allergic to them or they are spoiled.
    1-2 slices of pizza usually fits my goals okay and certainly has nutrients. I might have a salad with it.

Don't buy so much food at once.
    Offer it to other people.
    Freeze it for another time.
    Don't be overly dramatic and enjoy regular food in moderation.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I would eat leftovers for lunch or even dinner for next day or two, depending how much there is. If it's a large slice of pizza, i would only have one with big salad. I don't like throwing out food, so i would be one of the t&ose people that will fit it in my day. Definitely not a problem for me. In fact, banning something out of my diet is a much bigger problem.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I made a box cake the other day and froze half of it in slices. No idea how it will fare but I couldn't just eat it all.