Need ideas

Options
CorrieV1976
CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
Anyone have any slow cooker ideas for low calorie dinners...Also any grocery list suggestions would be so helpful.

Replies

• Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Challenge Invite
    I'd like to invite you all to join our TEAM August Challenge. Great daily exercise challenge, weekly eating challenges and team challenges. Lots of fun, support and motivation. Here is our forum post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

Message me if you'd like to be on a team!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any but I would love to know of some if anybody else has any... :)
  • nurseheather13
    Options
    BBQ Pulled Chicken:

Ingredients
    1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
    1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
    3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced

Preparation
    1.Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
    2.Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
    3.Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve on whole wheat bun, flat bread or what ever bread you eat.

Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.

Nutrition

Per serving: 184 calories; 8 g fat ( 2 g sat , 3 g mono ); 68 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 1 g fiber; 257 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (19% daily value), Vitamin A & Vitamin C (15% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Any other would be appreciated....I have a loooong 2 weeks ahead of me and its either going to be grab fast food or get it together in the morning,,,,,