Losing weight in all the wrong places

Options
md1314
md1314 Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone,

So ive lost a little over 15 lbs. I feel great and I look pretty good but I lose a lot of my weight in my butt and breasts. If youve seen my prior thread, youll know I have serious knee issues, so heavy lifting lower body isnt possible for me... But does anyone have any tips around how to maybe keep those things from deflating? haha

(i also know spot reduction isnt possible so we dont need to go that route / constructive feedback only.. telling me im doomed, isnt helpful lol)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Breasts are mostly fat...nothing you can do about that. The booty has a lot of muscle, but most people who have a round booty also carry quite a bit of fat on said booty...lose fat and booty deflates.
  • Ay_posty
    Ay_posty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You could try doing booty isolation movements? You don't have to move your knees so maybe that will help. And possibly resistance band training for your lower body? I know doing donkey kicks with a resistance band kills the booty in a good way!
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much more weight you have left to lose, but I know when I started losing I went through phases where I seemed to be losing disproportionately. When I went from 200+ to 175 my butt and boobs were getting smaller and I seemed to have more of a gut than usual, but I kept going and when I got to 150-140 or so everything evened out and I looked in proportion. I mean obviously my butt and boobs were smaller than they were when I was 200+ :p Not sure if your problem is the same.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Ay_posty wrote: »
    You could try doing booty isolation movements? You don't have to move your knees so maybe that will help. And possibly resistance band training for your lower body? I know doing donkey kicks with a resistance band kills the booty in a good way!

Yep, this. Just wanted to add that I do donkey kicks and a similar range of floor leg exercises with good old-fashioned ankle weights. This way I can increase the weight as I progress.
  • md1314
    Options
    Tuffaknee wrote: »
    I don't know how much more weight you have left to lose, but I know when I started losing I went through phases where I seemed to be losing disproportionately. When I went from 200+ to 175 my butt and boobs were getting smaller and I seemed to have more of a gut than usual, but I kept going and when I got to 150-140 or so everything evened out and I looked in proportion. I mean obviously my butt and boobs were smaller than they were when I was 200+ :p Not sure if your problem is the same.

That makes sense! Thanks
  • md1314
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ay_posty wrote: »

Yep, this. Just wanted to add that I do donkey kicks and a similar range of floor leg exercises with good old-fashioned ankle weights. This way I can increase the weight as I progress.

Awesome! thanks everyone
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying my boobs are the first to go. My butt wont and that's what I want to lose.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I do resistance training in the pool. They have foam barbells I use and I'm feeling like its making a huge difference without the stress on my joints. Even tho they are "foam" and look silly they provide a wicked workout. You can get them on Amazon & YouTube the exercises that go with them. Also you can get a great core workout in the pool as well and swimming torches calories.
  • Neenah70
    Neenah70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Breasts are mostly fat...nothing you can do about that. The booty has a lot of muscle, but most people who have a round booty also carry quite a bit of fat on said booty...lose fat and booty deflates.

Ive lost a lot of weight in my breast, as a Matter of fact, I have gone down a bra size.
  • Neenah70
    Options
    I went down from 225 to 150 but still have a lot of hips and booty. But I wish my hips were more slimmer. I still want to lose about 15 more lbs.
  • Neenah70
    Options
    I know what your saying my boobs are the first to go. My butt wont and that's what I want to lose.

Mine deflated like a balloon. Lol
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Strength train and you will maintain/ grow ur butt as well as have an over all toned figure. No one wants to be skinny fat! You breast will unfortunately deflate but if u loose weight slowly it shouldn't be too bad,l. I think you should consider maca powder which is good for balancing out hormones which may contribute to keeping a fuller breast. Also to eat healthy fats like chia seeds nuts and seeds avocado salmon. These fats may will help with butt and breast.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Strength train and you will maintain/ grow ur butt as well as have an over all toned figure. No one wants to be skinny fat! You breast will unfortunately deflate but if u loose weight slowly it shouldn't be too bad,l. I think you should consider maca powder which is good for balancing out hormones which may contribute to keeping a fuller breast. Also to eat healthy fats like chia seeds nuts and seeds avocado salmon. These fats may will help with butt and breast.
    Did you see in her 1st post that strength training is problematic due to knee problems?