Insanity Max 30 - Week 1

Options
I just finished the first week of Insanity Max 30!

It was a humbling experience since I had to follow the modified version for a lot of the workouts. All week I maxed at approximately the 6-minute mark and today I went all the way to 7:50! I am sure I'll do better next week after the two rest days.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• Whey115
    Whey115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fantastic ...you are making progress. It's all about pushing yourself but ensuring you have proper form.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Is this your first HIIT program? I would have suggested starting off with progression. Maybe something easier like T25 or one of the other beginner to intermediate based programs. I look forward to trying Insanity Max 30 myself
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am finishing up week 1 soon :-)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    YASSS GOOD LUCK!! I finished it for the first time at the beginning of June, just in time for Shaun week. I took a small break and mixed up my workouts for the few weeks following but now I've restarted Max30 from the beginning. I was losing weight and stuff before but Max30 REALLY changed the game for me. I've never sweated so much in my life and Max30 brought me to goal weight. My friends who knew I was doing it told me the changes in my appearance were drastic after Max30. Don't you feel so powerful when you're done??
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    tanyaheartsfrogs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Is this your first HIIT program? I would have suggested starting off with progression. Maybe something easier like T25 or one of the other beginner to intermediate based programs. I look forward to trying Insanity Max 30 myself

Hi, It's not my first HITT program. I've done the Insanity videos before but I didn't like how long it was and just before starting Insanity Max 30 I completed the 21 Day Fix. :smile:
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »
    YASSS GOOD LUCK!! I finished it for the first time at the beginning of June, just in time for Shaun week. I took a small break and mixed up my workouts for the few weeks following but now I've restarted Max30 from the beginning. I was losing weight and stuff before but Max30 REALLY changed the game for me. I've never sweated so much in my life and Max30 brought me to goal weight. My friends who knew I was doing it told me the changes in my appearance were drastic after Max30. Don't you feel so powerful when you're done??

Hi, Yes I feel so proud of myself. You are giving me some major hope for the results of this program. I also sweat like a crazy person but it's so rewarding. Thank you so much for wishing me luck! I need it!
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    I just finished week 2!

I am so happy with this program so far. I do it first thing in the morning to get it out of the way. I noticed the first week I was tired by 3PM. This week I'm not. My body is adjusting!

On Wednesday I had a slight discomfort in my knee and as soon as I noticed it I iced it and I have felt fine since. I followed the modifier Thursday and Friday just to be on the safe side. The last thing I want is to get hurt and have to stop. My heart rate monitor indicates that I burned 30 calories less on Thursday following the modifier than Tuesday when I was doing a hybrid of following Shawn and the modifier. Is that odd? I would think that all that jumping would equate to more than just 30 calories.

Thank you for all the support so far! Wish me luck!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey there!! Congrats on finishing Week 2. I have a quick question for you. Is this WO super high impact? How difficult is the modified version. I used to do Insanity at the gym and it was pretty fun and challenging. My only problem was the time commitment, just like you. Currently, I'm doing T25. I have never been able to finish Beta. It was too high intesity (too much jumping for someone w/ a history of knee injuries). I'm looking for my next WO. We completed in the past 21DFX and T25 Alpha.
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    edited July 2017
    Options
    zamirasoni wrote: »
    Hey there!! Congrats on finishing Week 2. I have a quick question for you. Is this WO super high impact? How difficult is the modified version. I used to do Insanity at the gym and it was pretty fun and challenging. My only problem was the time commitment, just like you. Currently, I'm doing T25. I have never been able to finish Beta. It was too high intesity (too much jumping for someone w/ a history of knee injuries). I'm looking for my next WO. We completed in the past 21DFX and T25 Alpha.

Hi, the modified version just eliminates the jumps, for example, if he does a squat-jump-punch you would squat and punch. It's still a very good workout if you follow the modifier. I usually follow him until I get tired and then follow the modifier. I like it a lot and it goes by very fast. Good luck!

One more thing, he does a lot of squat and lunges so you may take that into consideration if you feel those might put too much pressure on your knees.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    zamirasoni wrote: »

Sometimes even the modifier can mess me up but then I will further modify. I'm not a jumper either, I have bad knees from being heavy for so long and I just cannot.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity and am starting Insanity Max 30 this week. I would love to be buddies with other people who are doing this workout challenge!
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    I just finished week 3! I am feeling strong and fitting better in my clothes. I changed today's workout to the modified version and I added weights so no jumping for me but I killed it!!! I know I'll be sore tomorrow :) Wish me health and luck for next week, the last week of month 1!
  • anitahall33
    anitahall33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im starting on monday