Tattoos

Options
2»

Replies

• msmcmillan0316
    msmcmillan0316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    fbyqmkb14i7j.jpg
    Couple of mine...I want to get a Polynesian tattoo on my other arm/chest. Just looking for a really good artist in my area...any references welcomed!! I'm in southeastern wi.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,207 Member
    Options
    Gotem and want more.

70cm2zlugwm7.jpg
    dsobwvvf5693.jpg
  • mychelle344
    mychelle344 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A guy I am sorda seeing is a tat artist so I have 4 so far. May have another tonight cause I'll be hanging at his shop.
  • wintermadness1
    wintermadness1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't have any yet but have a few ideas. Gotta mull them over for a long time to make sure I want them.
    I'd love to get some Nordic imagery but I want to do that AncestryDNA thing or something similar first to make sure I have some nordic blood because I think it's kinda poser-ish to get cultural tattoos if you're not at least partially from that culture.
  • msmcmillan0316
    msmcmillan0316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't have any yet but have a few ideas. Gotta mull them over for a long time to make sure I want them.
    I'd love to get some Nordic imagery but I want to do that AncestryDNA thing or something similar first to make sure I have some nordic blood because I think it's kinda poser-ish to get cultural tattoos if you're not at least partially from that culture.

I think you may be overthinking this tattoo thing just a bit. Get whatever the hell you want. Saying that it's "poser-ish" to get a cultural tattoo if you aren't from that culture is pretty lame. As long as you understand what it means to you get what you want. Tattoos are about a lot of things, expressing yourself, having a good laugh, telling a story, remembering something/someone....I say get what you want and enjoy it, if you worry about what other people think life is going to be really tough.
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have 6 and would love many more.
  • wintermadness1
    wintermadness1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I think you may be overthinking this tattoo thing just a bit. Get whatever the hell you want. Saying that it's "poser-ish" to get a cultural tattoo if you aren't from that culture is pretty lame. As long as you understand what it means to you get what you want. Tattoos are about a lot of things, expressing yourself, having a good laugh, telling a story, remembering something/someone....I say get what you want and enjoy it, if you worry about what other people think life is going to be really tough.

I must have come off wrong; I just mean that for myself. That's what I want my tattoos to mean to me. I wouldn't want to get a cultural tattoo if I didn't have any of that heritage in me. That's just my choice and philosophy, I don't care what other people do. Besides, Nordic imagery is just a recent idea. All my other ideas for tattoos are personal and pretty random. A shift pattern on my right wrist, an owl carrying hops and barley, a few symbols from my favorite book series, and an ancient symbol of music that is also used in the logo of a favorite band are a few of my oldest ideas.
    I don't think it's possible to 'overthink' something that's going to be a permanent part of your body for the rest of your life, but that's just me. I'm terrified of regretting a tattoo, so if/when I finally get any, it'll only be when I'm 110% sure I want it.
  • gmikesell
    gmikesell Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    20170730_234309_zpsmzdek4dx.jpg

Posted this on another similar thread but love this subject so posting here as well. Got this to commemorate my journey which I had to start all over recently after a bicep tendon injury.

It's a Phoenix with the mantra: "To rise from the ashes, you first must burn"